Lump on Beardie's Jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster here...

My 6 year old female, Clementine, has a lump on her right jaw, under her mouth. I noticed this a few days ago. The lump is hard and "moveable" and feels like a small marble rolling around in there. Her gums on that side are a little red and it seems sensitive to touch. She had some kale and crickets earlier and is eating fine.

Thoughts? Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That will probably be either an abscess or a cyst, but, hopefully not a tumor. It moves,
correct & is hard?
Can you think of any time she may have fallen & hurt herself, or possibly an insect bit
her?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is concerning! It will most likely be either an absces, or a cyst but, hopefully not a tumor.
Can you think of anytime that she might have fallen & hurt herself, or possibly gotten an insect
bite?
Does it seem to be bothering her?
I do think it needs to be looked at by a vet. Are you able to get her to a vet for analysis?

Tracie

pamhaffenden

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":n6c34x98 said:
What is the white sandy stuff ? Please tell me it's NOT VITA-SAND or CALCI-SAND .

It's what was recommended I use when I got her 6 years ago... Reptilite. So I don't know if it IS or IS NOT Vita-Sand or Calci-Sand. But thanks for the snotty red font.

pamhaffenden

Original Poster
Drache613":227mmclw said:
Hello,

That is concerning! It will most likely be either an absces, or a cyst but, hopefully not a tumor.
Can you think of anytime that she might have fallen & hurt herself, or possibly gotten an insect
bite?
Does it seem to be bothering her?
I do think it needs to be looked at by a vet. Are you able to get her to a vet for analysis?

Tracie

Thank you, Tracie. It is hard and kind of moves in there like a small marble. I have an appointment for her on Wednesday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific, I hope that they aspirate the area, to send it off for analysis. If they can aspirate
some fluids then they can try to determine if there is bacteria present, etc so that they can
more directly treat it.
Let us know how the vet visit goes!

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
pamhaffenden":3coqtip9 said:
kingofnobbys":3coqtip9 said:
What is the white sandy stuff ? Please tell me it's NOT VITA-SAND or CALCI-SAND .

It's what was recommended I use when I got her 6 years ago... Reptilite. So I don't know if it IS or IS NOT Vita-Sand or Calci-Sand. But thanks for the snotty red font.
Perhaps it was recommended by someone who sells pet supplies? :dontknow:

It says clearly on the label that it's CALCIUM SUBSTRATE. All bold caps is exactly how it's printed on the label. Not being "snotty" (and I don't think kingofnobbys was either--just going for emphasis). For the health/safety of your pet, please discard it. For the time being, you can replace it with paper towel until you can find/get something safer/more suitable.

Don't take my word for it--check it out for yourself.
calcium sand for bearded dragons

There are also several links in the above search to articles on choosing much safer substrates. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom