Diet confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

New to the site. I’ve been told lots of conflicting information on feeding, hopefully some here can help.

I have a 2yr old female who is getting really picky with her food. She is fed baby leaf salad and butternut squash in the morning which she’s left to pick at during the day, although she really doesn’t eat her greens.

Around 4/5pm Everyday she usually gets 5 large locusts, for the past week or so there’s been a few left which I’ve removed.

I’m getting worried she isn’t eating enough greens etc and maybe eating to much meat.

Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep getting too much protein - I would cut the bugs back to 2-3 time per week - feed greens every day - here is a nutrition website
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html -- this site will tell you what to feed what not to feed and how often to feed
I would look at getting some worms to put on top of that salad to entice her to the bowl - you need a glass bowl w/ a lip on it so the worms / bugs cant escape -
BSFL -- www.symtonbsf.com great staple feeder and you dont need to dust feed as many as you want great for salad toppers
www.dubiaroaches.com great for dubias and other worms like horn worms butter worms super worms all can be used for salad toppers - use the supers and butter worms sparingly as they are addicting - the horn worms are great for hydration and grow really fast so order small amounts
www.mulberryfarms.com good silk worms and are a good staple
www.reptilianarts.com also good silk worms and both places are out if stock at this time keep checking
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom