Just One Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Head and tail size dont really mean too much. Maybe more so for wild dragons. Ime it doesnt matter what they look like, what matters is if there are two lumps at the base of the tail ;)
A dragon that large is just gonna have big features no matter what. Quite the dragon you've got there.
I'll ask AHBD to check and confirm too. The more eyes the better.

-Brandon

Bobolynx1226

Original Poster
BTW these pics are terribly blurry and do not show the detailed spikes and arrow shaped head. Gryph LOOKS like the known males I've seen and my friend's female's head is much softer and rounder. I mentioned that even the vet couldn't tell the sex. Still my baby though...! I'll try to take better pics.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you take a few more pics with the tail arched a bit higher and twist the tail just a tiny bit to the side ? Sometimes it's hard to see the bulges in a very thick tail . You can also try the flashlight method :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

Bobolynx1226

Original Poster
Hello! I have tried the flashlight method and cannot see thru the tail. Guess I need a stronger light. Gryph's asleep now but I'll try to get better quality pics tomorrow. Twist tail to one side... I'll need another pair of hands, baby's too big and sick of me today. Gave him/her a goodnight kiss & got smacked with a claw paw! Thanks everyone for your input!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Bobolynx1226":2v5rxvwr said:
Hello! I have tried the flashlight method and cannot see thru the tail. Guess I need a stronger light. Gryph's asleep now but I'll try to get better quality pics tomorrow. Twist tail to one side... I'll need another pair of hands, baby's too big and sick of me today. Gave him/her a goodnight kiss & got smacked with a claw paw! Thanks everyone for your input!
The things we do for our kids! LOL! ? Hang in there you'll get it. ?
-Dee

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When you do the flashlight it needs to be in a dark room and with a strong flashlight, hopefully that helps and/or some new pics with tail slightly twisted or arched at a different angle.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The hemipene bulges are showing in the 2nd pic especially but I can see them in the first pic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom