Sick or Lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":ul5d9z5m said:
Can you get a picture doing the flashlight method?

Sometimes it's hard to tell over pictures. If you think she is female though based on what you see that's probably good enough. It's just in that one picture I definitely see shadowing of two hemipenes

-Brandon
You also could be seeing the slight stress marks. They look like two shadows on each side but they aren’t.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The one pic was questionable but the rest show that she is a big girl. :) I know this must be a very hard decision for you, I really feel for you because of the stress you're under. You have to make the decision about surgery but if your vet has good references and is trustworthy then try not to worry if you go ahead with the surgery, most beardies do alright . Still, there will be a risk involved. I wish they would throw in the ultra sound for you at a lower price.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1245ymaq said:
The one pic was questionable but the rest show that she is a big girl. :) I know this must be a very hard decision for you, I really feel for you because of the stress you're under. You have to make the decision about surgery but if your vet has good references and is trustworthy then try not to worry if you go ahead with the surgery, most beardies do alright . Still, there will be a risk involved. I wish they would throw in the ultra sound for you at a lower price.

She really seemed confident and like she knew what she was doing, the vets office is an “exotic” not a hero vet however they have very high ratings...... if I do the surgery, and that’s not the problem, do you think it’d hurt being that I could get her spayed anyways to avoid future complications. Im trying to weigh pros and cons and when you consider money it’s worth it if it’ll avoid future problems but I’m still contemplating whether it’s worth the risk of losing her or not. Do you know if her chance of surviving it is high? Do you think it’s worth it? My mother claims she won’t pay for the surgery if she gets sick because she’ll likely die anyways and says she will only help out when she is healthy and likely to survive it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can do a search here on bearded dragon spaying, or Google it and see the different experiences. I think most of the ones I've seen here turned out O.K, maybe a few had problems. I know it's a tough decision. Hang in there !

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1sd8s9w8 said:
You can do a search here on bearded dragon spaying, or Google it and see the different experiences. I think most of the ones I've seen here turned out O.K, maybe a few had problems. I know it's a tough decision. Hang in there !

I have till Thursday to decide but I think I’m going to go through with it. My reasoning behind is simply the fact that, it’s likely that even if it’s not this now, that reproductive problems happen a lot in female dragons. So, even if she doesn’t have any at the moment, it will avoid future problems with her reproductive system that I may not notice until too late. I’d rather do it while she is healthy and likely to survive than wait until she is sick from something happening. If she dies, and didnt have them, I’m not sure I’ll forgive myself but. If she had them at least I tried to help her... oof. Please pray to whatever you believe in for us. I love my baby with my whole heart. I need her to last one more year till I can get out on my own and get a job to be able to afford these things myself since currently, my parents won’t allow me to work. This is the one and only thing my mother will help with and if I can keep her alive till the end of the year without any serious problems arising, all will be well. Thank you for your time and help. I hope I’m making the right decision.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, some people do get their dragons spayed so your choice is not a bad one. Hopefully she''ll do well and not have any complications during surgery or after.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I really hope things go well with the surgery. I'm happy to hear your mom is helping out, that
is very nice of her. I will be thinking about you both. The surgery is this thursday then?
How is she doing right now?
It is an extremely hard decision, but as AHBD said, most of the time, they do pretty well going
through surgery as long as they are given the proper dosing of anesthetics & O2 during that
time.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just wondering how Ryuk is doing. If the vet has not confirmed follicular stasis and Ryuk is still doing O.K she may not actually have the condition at all. Exotic vets aren't experts on bearded dragons.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Kiara,

I know your first vet didnt want to do a fecal, but since they are relatively cheap, I would call them and ask if they would be willing to do one. Since they are the closer vet to you.

All of her symptoms can relate to parasites, and remember earlier getting a fecal was something I thought you should've done. You can at least call and ask how much it would be to drop off a sample. Then whenever Ryuk poos you can just bring in the sample.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom