Why is the default "subscribe to thread" on instead of off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A recent change I've noticed and it's a nuisance.

I really don't want to be getting emails all the time that inform me someone has posted in a thread I happen to have visited or viewed or posted in .

Please set the to default globally to off so you must choose to subscribe manually in order to receive activity report emails.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

You must have accidently changed the setting yourself if you previously didn't get notifications and now you are. You can reset it back here:

ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post
User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Posting Defaults

-Brandon

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
claudiusx":w4t5dvtr said:
Hi there,

You must have accidently changed the setting yourself if you previously didn't get notifications and now you are. You can reset it back here:

-Brandon
Do you realize I have been fighting this ever since I signed up, wow. It was that easy to fix. Well at least now I don't have manually unsubscribe to EVERY THREAD I post in anymore woohoo!!!!!!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
claudiusx":1xbn1e8t said:
Hi there,

-Brandon

Never seen that before.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Oh thank you, I was hoping there was a way to turn this off as as with all the emails it was driving my mom insane.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The site default is set to on, as many people would end up posting, and then not knowing how to find their topic again to know to "check on it". The notifications help most people know about replies to their topics, or topics they took part in.

However, as I think you've discovered, anyone can change their own default as well. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yes but where do I unsubscribe to getting email notifications from any post replies? I still haven't found it, and my mom says she's still getting those emails.

I know how to Check my posts, So for me the emails are just a nuisance.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
HippieLizards":1whu2fpa said:
Yes but where do I unsubscribe to getting email notifications from any post replies? I still haven't found it, and my mom says she's still getting those emails.

I know how to Check my posts, So for me the emails are just a nuisance.
I posted a quick link to the setting at the top of the thread ;)
You can reset it back here:

-Brandon

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Also, to manage subscriptions already set...

ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed

Scroll to the bottom if it is a long list... you can select full pages at a time. Unfortunately, it doesn't have an easier bulk change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom