Help my beardie fell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkhesch78

Original Poster
Still not opening her eyes... but is moving around her cage a little bit today... tried to give her water but just sprayed her down n put the honey on her then left her alone to keep her calm... ? ?? thanks for the support

AHBD":3nurx8yu said:
How is Luna doing today ? Any better ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some time today or tomorrow give her a short, warm soak and gently wash some water over her eyes, they may be a little bloody keeping them stuck shut.

Kkhesch78

Original Poster
Luna just ate crickets mealworms n dubias and seems to be doing better... eyes are still closed will be letting her rest tonight and try a bath tomorrow to see if it'll help her open her eyes... was trying to figure out how to upload pics. I figured it out last night but can't seem to tonight lol thanks to all for advice n well wishes for my baby girl... ???

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":1mg0hdp3 said:
Some time today or tomorrow give her a short, warm soak and gently wash some water over her eyes, they may be a little bloody keeping them stuck shut.
Great idea!

How great that she ate for you. That is definitely a good sign! :D

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news she did eat for you then. She still isn't opening her eyes though?
How is her breathing, normal & steady or is it irregular as if she is stressed, etc?
Keep trying to get her eyes to open. Have you gotten some raw honey to use yet?
I really hope that she fully recovers.
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Kkhesch78

Original Poster
Yes she ate crickets mealworms n dubias... had to feed her by hand but hey she ate... I'll take that for now... yes got the honey n have been applying it... gonna try a bath today to try n clean her eyes up as someone had suggested... she's holding her head up since yesterday afternoon... her breathing is like she's holding it and then she'll breath normal n then hold it idk... ???

Drache613":37qfl5ou said:
Hello,

That is great news she did eat for you then. She still isn't opening her eyes though?
How is her breathing, normal & steady or is it irregular as if she is stressed, etc?
Keep trying to get her eyes to open. Have you gotten some raw honey to use yet?
I really hope that she fully recovers.
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is promising, at least she is eating some food right now.
She is actually holding her head up right now? I hope that the honey helps out her eyes,
bless her.
As long as her beard isn't dark, hopefully she isn't in too much pain or distress right now.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Was thinking of your girl tonight. How is she doing? has she opened her eyes yet?

-Brandon

Kkhesch78

Original Poster
Hey there... thanks for checking on my Luna... well... everything is pretty good.... eating drinking pooping n moving around like normal but these little eyes of hers still aren't opened... still doing the honey n she's out of her tank mostly all day SUPERVISED At ALL times now ???‍♀️ overall pretty normal... thinking worse case ima have a very spoiled hand fed Luna... hoping this is just swelling keeping them closed at the moment... I'll upload a few pics and if anyone has any advise lmk... thanks Karen

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Kkhesch78":26p96cxg said:
THE LINES GOING DOWN HER EYE ARENT REALLY THERE IT'S A CRACK IN MY CAMERA SCREEN
Oh boy, at first I thought it was dog hair, and was like.. well maybe that's why she won't open her eyes! Glad it's just a crack ha.

Poor girl though, I wish she would open them up for you. It's hard to tell so close up, but they don't really look too swollen in the pictures.

You might want to try a saline rinse every once in awhile too to help flush the eye and eye lid.

Hoping she opens up soon!

-Brandon

Kkhesch78

Original Poster
Ive been cleaning them a few times a day kinda rinsing them with warm water n keeping the honey on lightly at night... I'm not giving up... these eyes will open again soon... ????

Kkhesch78

Original Poster
Ive been cleaning them a few times a day kinda rinsing them with warm water n keeping the honey on lightly at night... I'm not giving up... these eyes will open again soon... ????

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello there. I've just caught up on this post and I'm so sorry for the trauma your poor girl, Luna, has gone through. I'm glad to see that she is recovering and with promise too! I agree with Brandon that her eyes don't look too swollen and hopefully with your TLC they'll open up soon. Hoping for a full recover for the little one!

Vanessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom