Forgetting to Turn Off The Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack92011

Hey, there, beardie experts!

I hope this is in the right area, not sure if it would be under lighting or health.

I wanted some advice about lighting and sleep schedule. I have occasionally forgotten to turn off the lights in my beardie's tank (I know, I'm a terrible person, toss your stones lol). I don't have a timed outlet or lightswitch and can't afford one for the time being.

When this unfortunate mistake happens what is the best way to get the beardie's sleep schedule back on track ASAP? Do you turn the lights off for a few hours to let them get SOME darkness during daylight or is it best to leave them on and turn them off at the regular time?

The few times I've done this it doesn't seem to affect his overall health, but he always develops stress marks for the day and I don't want him to be upset or unhappy. Any help is always appreciated!

Thanks!

- Mackenzie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Mackenzie,

If you forgot to do it, just remember for the next time. Try to keep them on the same schedule. Leave the lights on during the day, don't try to make up for it by turning them off. They will sleep at night with the lights on, just not very well.

Times are really cheap though, you can find a cheap timer for less than 10 bucks and then you just need to plug all of your lights into it. It's well worth the money :)

-Brandon

SPandS

Juvie Member
Timers are cheap these days but you could always set an alarm on your phone until you are able to get one.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Invest in an inline light timer , there are mechanical clockwork analog versions that work fine, or even better 24hr electronic timers that can used in a set and forget manner.

No more forgetting to turn lights on/off if you have a timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom