Any Chances of getting a dark mode?

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or problems with the BeardedDragon.org Website, please post them here. Forum Community related topics and the like are also welcome here!

Any Chances of getting a dark mode?

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:07 pm

As the title suggests, Is there any chances of there being a dark mode for this website? Sometimes a lot of us lurk and post at the later times in the day/night and the bright white background really can hurt my eyes.
I Would love it (and I bet a few others would too) if we got the option of having a dark mode for this site. Just a suggestion. :D

-HippieLizards.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Any Chances of getting a dark mode?

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Good suggestion.

Personally I am partial to the nostalgia I feel with the tan and green colors LOL. But, if it was a feature we could turn on and off, that would be great!

FWIW, I use the blue filter setting on my phone. After sunset it dims all blue light which makes everything a lot easier on the eyes. I have an android but I know the iphones also have a feature like that called night mode or something.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby Drache613 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Hello,

That is a great idea, LOL, for us night people.
I too, have an app that decreases the screen brightness, according to the day/night cycle,
but it's on my computer. It helps a lot to filter out the brightness.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:56 am

claudiusx wrote:Good suggestion.

Personally I am partial to the nostalgia I feel with the tan and green colors LOL. But, if it was a feature we could turn on and off, that would be great!

FWIW, I use the blue filter setting on my phone. After sunset it dims all blue light which makes everything a lot easier on the eyes. I have an android but I know the iphones also have a feature like that called night mode or something.

-Brandon
Oh indeed I love the tan and green colors, But only in the daytime. Lol. The ability to turn it on and off would be great.

I Wish I had the blue filter on my IPhone but unfortunately it's an old potato and doesn't have that option, or a night mode.
Drache613 wrote:Hello,

That is a great idea, LOL, for us night people.
I too, have an app that decreases the screen brightness, according to the day/night cycle,
but it's on my computer. It helps a lot to filter out the brightness.

Tracie
Nice. Looks like I need to get me a screen color filter lol.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby beardie » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:22 am

We'll see what the options are when I eventually get to upgrading the forum software. When I do that, I'll use their newer templates, and we'll see if it's possible to do within reason. No promises on that though. :) But it would be cool.
Not a vet, just a concerned former keeper
beardie
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby HippieLizards » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:45 pm

Hey Thanks for replying! But cool that there might be some new stuff eventually. Either way it's cool.

The way this theme currently is isn't as eye killing as regular light themes for sites, it's more bearable. But thanks for considering it maybe. :)
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Website Comments