Bearded hard urate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone happy valentine's day for those of you that view this post. Just have a concern of my dragon having a hard time using the stool. I've taken him multiple time to the vet from him.not eating to this. And the vet had said try dusting less, try giving less bath, try giving more baths etc. I've tried it all even tried giving more mushy foods like horn worms and greens. But still he gets constipated and it's because if the urate. It either comes like 1 or two hard pebbles or like a slightly soft chalk thing about an inch long maybe half an inch thick or less. Anyways if anyone knows what can cause this or how to prevent please share. (Side note, the uvb is pretty new like 2 months old, and we give him baths every 2 or 3 days.)
101987-6089904294.jpg
101987-5917680096.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The urate looks nice and white, which is good. Consistency wise, is it hard like chalk, or slightly soft?

What does his daily diet look like?

What are your tank temperatures and how do you measure them? Basking surface and cool side.

Does he drink water at all?

-Brandon

Rshargani098

Original Poster
So as far as diet we feed mainly Dubai and occasionally hornworms as treats. The salad is sweet peppers, squash, collard, mustard, blueberries, strawberries, and carrots. Mixed though not all together, some days get this some days he gets that. Anyways for temp his hot side is 101 usually and cool is like 80 probably moves down and up. As for water he doenst really drink water, never really did, he gets baths every day if not every other day though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like a pretty good mix. Squash is especially good for hydration as are hornworms. I would try dripping water on his nose to lick up and see if he will drink any that way but it sounds like he should be getting adequate amounts of hydration from his food if he's eating enough of it. Beyond extra hydration, I'm not sure what else to try. It might be good to have a vet run a blood test to check kidney functions and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom