Beardie Head Tremors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fijidragon

I’ve had my beardie for about 4 months, and ever since I got him he has had minor head tremors- he just randomely starts having a vibrating head for quite a few seconds then stops. I thought this may be a sign of calcium deficiency so I have been giving him daily drops of liquid calcium and it seemed to help but now it’s returned again. What do you think is the issue? He is very picky with veggies and hasn’t been eating them regularly unfortunately.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Calcium helps, but if he can't absorb the calcium it won't be doing much. He needs to have proper uv exposure to be able to properly absorb the calcium he is ingesting.

What bulb are you using for UV and what is it's distance from the basking surface?

Could you post a picture of your dragon and your setup for us?

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
fijidragon":2fq46tk6 said:
I’ve had my beardie for about 4 months, and ever since I got him he has had minor head tremors- he just randomely starts having a vibrating head for quite a few seconds then stops.
If you haven't yet, try searching the archives or google; there have been a number of discussions about this, and possible causes.
bearded dragon head tremors

HTH

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We do need the type/brand of UVB that you are using.
If the UVB light isn't strong enough, then he wont be able to absorb his calcium properly
which could be causing his tremors.
Which brand of calcium are you using for him?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Drache613":yn7xvl70 said:
Hello,

We do need the type/brand of UVB that you are using.
If the UVB light isn't strong enough, then he wont be able to absorb his calcium properly
which could be causing his tremors.
Which brand of calcium are you using for him?

Tracie

The tremors can also be caused by inadequate UVA doseage even over as brief a period as maybe 2 months. As I discovered with Rex when forgot when I should have replaced the UV globe. Replaced it and the tremors went away very quickly ( almost immediately , in a period of a week or two ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom