Trusted Dubia Company??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I have been ordering "200 medium" roaches from DBD Pet and every time so many roaches are dead and there are not even close to 200 roaches being in the shipment, maybe around 100. Not to mention many of them are on the small end. I'm done with it and I need recommendations on a trusted dubia company.

Thank you! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use dubiaroaches.com --- they are good and fast and the shipment is what I order --- roaches are alive when I get them -- just got some this morning - horn worms and butter worms --- all alive
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Hate to hear that about DBD Pet. I use them for Supers, thru Amazon and only issue I had was shipping time. I used them because that's who my DIL has been using for a year but neither of us order Dubias. Have you contacted them? I sure would! That might happen ONCE but not again. I'd be po'd for sure! Too expensive for half to be dead or to be shorted on count.
Hope you find someone more dependable or DBD Pet steps up and does the right thing by you.
-Dee

frederickajordan

Original Poster
DragonPete":3d2sytwf said:
Hate to hear that about DBD Pet. I use them for Supers, thru Amazon and only issue I had was shipping time. I used them because that's who my DIL has been using for a year but neither of us order Dubias. Have you contacted them? I sure would! That might happen ONCE but not again. I'd be po'd for sure! Too expensive for half to be dead or to be shorted on count.
Hope you find someone more dependable or DBD Pet steps up and does the right thing by you.
-Dee

They did refund me for my last order due to half of them being dead which was nice but now I'm out of roaches and I got this order a week ago. But every order I have ever had is short and there are a handful of dead ones. Like you said I do understand once but not everytime :(
I just ordered 100 XL dubia and 12 medium hornworms from dubiaroaches.com like KarrieRee suggested and it was cheaper than "200 medium" from DBD. I am hoping this company is better

frederickajordan

Original Poster
KarrieRee":33bls20x said:
I use dubiaroaches.com --- they are good and fast and the shipment is what I order --- roaches are alive when I get them -- just got some this morning - horn worms and butter worms --- all alive
Karrie

I am going to give this company a shot, thank you for your help!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I've been ordering from Reptile Deli
No complaints at all--very well packed, insulated, & heated during cold weather.
I can't say I've counted (ordering 500-1000 at a time) but calculating from how many meals I get (which I do count out) I'd say I've gotten more like 600 & 1100. There's bound to be some variation in size, as I understand most places sift them. Some smaller ones have come through, but so have some larger ones.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
frederickajordan":296xhjvv said:
DragonPete":296xhjvv said:
-Dee

They did refund me for my last order due to half of them being dead which was nice but now I'm out of roaches and I got this order a week ago. But every order I have ever had is short and there are a handful of dead ones. Like you said I do understand once but not everytime :(
I just ordered 100 XL dubia and 12 medium hornworms from dubiaroaches.com like KarrieRee suggested and it was cheaper than "200 medium" from DBD. I am hoping this company is better

Let us know how it goes, if you are satisfied, etc. Hope it's a better experience for sure!
-Dee

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I use dubideli and dubiaroaches.com for my roaches, dubideli almost always has good roaches.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
HippieLizards":hxgm8an8 said:
I use dubideli and dubiaroaches.com for my roaches, dubideli almost always has good roaches.
The issue I have with them is they are out of stock on the quantities I like ordering most of the time but when I do get them there I have always been greatly satisfied.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
jimmykohn":1b1w4oc8 said:
Hey, which quantities are you particularly interested in? Is Amazon an option?
I generally order 500 but those quantities are limited in some cases. Amazon is just a broker, I like to know where they come from.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I generally get 1.5k 1000 adult size dubias and 500 mediums or smalls for my younger dragons and my geckos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom