Perks of a feline neighbor, catches the roach that got away

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
My beardie Devlyn misses her roaches sometimes. Those fast critters escape me sometimes too when I take them out after Devlyn misses.

None have ever escaped kitty Greysie.

Greysie found this roach 18 hours after me and Devlyn failed. She pinned it with her paws, then I could grab it and put into this bowl for kitty amusements
103228-9055316783.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Good for Greysie! (Assuming it's pronounced "Gracie" rather than Greyzie") Cute. :lol:
Was there--or will there be--a George? :roll:

We used to have a little black cat who was totally useless as a hunter. If a mouse or bug ran across her path, she'd just watch it go by as if to say, "Huh, look at that." Our border collie at the time, however, was a real bug-hunter. Spiders, flies, skeeters... Unfortunately, she never learned from her experiences with bees--got nailed a few times.

Can't find the post, but I mentioned recently that I accidentally "clutz-spilled" a bowl of about twenty ½" roaches, and had a few escapees. Also lost a few in the enclosure that "World War Z'd" their way out of the bowl. Cleaning the habitat this morning, one turned up hiding under a planter. It didn't take too long for someone to spot it... Num-num-num-num-num! :D A couple of the spilled ones have surfaced too, so I chuck 'em back in the "Num-num tub." Too cold/inhospitable here for them to breed.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Greysie like 'Gracie' you are correct! My first bearded dragon was named George, one syllable. I knew George was a name of a kings from England or something, and kid me thought a dragon should have a king name...I think that was my reasoning from way back when...

For Greysie, Whenever I got her from the shelter she was with her "twin" brother who was identical to her. The shelter called them Pete and Re-Pete for names. My neighbor ended up getting her brother so they got to grow up together and visit outside. Had to write down a new name when I signed her papers for liscenincing so I quickly came up with Greysie for the name. I was tempted to name her Slime but my mom objected, lol. (I still call her Greysie Grey Slime a lot as her full name)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
DorgEndo":fydi63jw said:
Greysie like 'Gracie' you are correct! My first bearded dragon was named George, one syllable. I knew George was a name of a kings from England or something, and kid me thought a dragon should have a king name...I think that was my reasoning from way back when...
Could you perhaps have been thinking about Saint George and the Dragon? :roll:

Had to write down a new name when I signed her papers for liscenincing
Beardies have to be licensed in Minnesota‽‽‽

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
My cat is licensed. Dogs and cats should be licensed, it's not enforced that I know of

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
My bad. I read that wrong. Cats are required to be vaccinated where I am, but not licensed (Con-Sub :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom