How to prepare your beardies in emergency situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
HippieLizards":2uuo1srg said:
Selkie1993":2uuo1srg said:
HippieLizards":2uuo1srg said:
So uhh, This thread was based on how to prepare for a fire, but does anyone have any tips on how to prepare your 5 beardies, 2 geckos, and cat for a tornado warning? My phone and my mom just woke me up telling me that there is a warning. :shock:

I completely understand. I have a 75 gal aquarium with two goldfish, one a foot long the other about 8-9 inches, three African clawed frogs, a cat who freaks at anything, and a beardie. I'm going to buy everyone a hard helmet and hunker down for now :)

I also agree: if anyone has experience with weather issues, please let us know!

Selkie
Dang, those are some big goldfish! Back when I was a kid I remember we had a 40 gallon tank with 3 goldfish in it, the largest one was easily I dunno around 6-10 inches long and a normal goldfish? The other was a white one and around 4 inches long, and the smallest one was also around 4 inches long but it was a fancy tailed one and was red and white.
We got them for free off of Craigslist and kept them for a while. Me and my siblings were really little back then, I can't remember what happened to them but I think we rehomed them.

My cat is as well always a nervous wreck when things happen. Lol

But thankfully After we went and stayed at my grandparents house for a while our neighbors told us that they had power again, but wifi was out for the night. All is good now however!!

But dang, We went through the area where the tornado hit just down the road from us, It was crazy. There was so many trees down and places with roofs thrown off. :shock: I'm glad everyone was safe though.

Glad you made it!! Thankfully the storms were just bad wind and a lot of rain!
Selkie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Same here. We were lucky though, two tornados touched down just down the road on both sides near our road but thankfully didn't hit our area. :shock:

SunnyFury

Great advice. I just got my new beardie on the 13th. We got him settled in and were evacuated the same day from a fire less than a mile from us. I was freaking out and was about to call the person I got him from to take him back for me until I figured something out lol but all was good and we didn't end up leaving since they called it off pretty quickly. So this thread is much appreciated.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
SunnyFury":3qejyzhm said:
Great advice. I just got my new beardie on the 13th. We got him settled in and were evacuated the same day from a fire less than a mile from us. I was freaking out and was about to call the person I got him from to take him back for me until I figured something out lol but all was good and we didn't end up leaving since they called it off pretty quickly. So this thread is much appreciated.

No worries! Is everyone, including your pets, safe now?

-Selkie

SunnyFury

Yes we are all okay. It's pretty scary when that happens. I don't know if you heard about the town Paradise,Ca that burnt to the ground in 2018 but I live close by it.
I'm more prepared now because of that but I feel like I could be more prepared. Some of these fires spread so fast its terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom