Symptoms of Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tender to the touch -- swelling -- not sure about what else - I am diabetic and have had gout - I know it is painful --- allopurinol is what is usually prescribed for gout
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Look for swelling around joints and fingers/toes. Blood tests may reveal high uric acid levels. Samples taken from affected areas may show urate crystal formation.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah my bearded dragon showed slight limping. I checked for MBD did not have it. No Gout too, its possible for them to strain it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Has he gotten a nail snagged on hammock or something in tank? Has he jumped and hurt it that way
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have not found out how she got injured. Possibly she was moving around at night from her stick to log
and could have hurt herself. This happened 3-4 days ago she is doing better not limping as much. I took her out side, she ran for a good bit not showing any sign of being hurt.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well that's good- keep an eye on her then - sounds like a sprain
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
With all the jumping off cliffs & landing on rocks, plants, and slate tiles he does, I'm surprised ZaRDoZ hasn't broken every bone in his body. I think maybe they're like babies in rubber pants... they bounce! :lol:

I was getting concerned about gout after reading this thread a couple weeks ago and looking up pictures. Z has "popeye arms", but no swelling in his extremities, limping, etc., so I think he's just overfed/fat, though no fat pads showing anywhere. I've cut him down some, and of course always trying to get him to eat more greens, but it's a challenge. Once in a while he'll surprise me and come out of his bowl with a mouthful and chow down, and he's getting better--but slooooowly... :silent:

Added photo 02/23/20
105703-8769479827.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep Hiccup has arms that look like hes been working out at the gym------ but he does not jump off of anything in his tank - he only will jump from the chair to the floor in the LR and even then he slides down as far as he can go then drops to the floor onto the carpet---
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":38e8ornw said:
With all the jumping off cliffs & landing on rocks, plants, and slate tiles he does, I'm surprised ZaRDoZ hasn't broken every bone in his body. I think maybe they're like babies in rubber pants... they bounce! :lol:

I was getting concerned about gout after reading this thread a couple weeks ago and looking up pictures. Z has "popeye arms", but no swelling in his extremities, limping, etc., so I think he's just overfed/fat, though no fat pads showing anywhere. I've cut him down some, and of course always trying to get him to eat more greens, but it's a challenge. Once in a while he'll surprise me and come out of his bowl with a mouthful and chow down, and he's getting better--but slooooowly... :silent:
He could just be buff. :D

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
BeardedDragonSteve":2nhnf3wz said:
He could just be buff. :D
The way he used climb the vertical brick wall of his tower (instead of using the "steps") he was, but lately he doesn't do that anymore, so I think he may just be... rotund. :lol: (Photo added above).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom