Bearded dragon is bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatonegirl

At night I put a blanket over my bearded dragons tank because his night light broke and he has no other way to get heat and I’m scared that if it’s off for too long that he’ll die. When I woke up this morning he was going nuts on the glass and I lift the blanket up and his top lip was all bloody and I’m pretty sure it’s from glass surfing of hitting his head on the tank. I know I need it get him something around his habitat but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. Anyway I open his mouth and he was fine. But I don’t know if he’s actually okay. Please help me I’m really good at over thinking and over analyzing things.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Sometimes they can rub their mouths raw from glass surfing. It's best to figure out what caused the glass surfing to begin with so that you can stop it from happening.

It should heal up just fine though. You can apply some raw unpasturized honey to the wound too. This will help keep it from getting infected. Just make sure there are no roaming insects around that might nibble at your dragon because of the honey.

-Brandon

Thatonegirl

Original Poster
claudiusx":2gigto5c said:
Hi there,

Sometimes they can rub their mouths raw from glass surfing. It's best to figure out what caused the glass surfing to begin with so that you can stop it from happening.

It should heal up just fine though. You can apply some raw unpasturized honey to the wound too. This will help keep it from getting infected. Just make sure there are no roaming insects around that might nibble at your dragon because of the honey.

-Brandon

Thatonegirl

Original Poster
Thankyou for the advice and sorry for the late reply. He’s looking better and acting fine I think. I put up some wallpaper and have been doing what you said and seems to be working just fine :).
-Salysa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Salysa,

That is great to hear! Let us know if anything else comes up :)

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Hi - Glad your baby is doing better! If the night light was one of those red bulbs, you might want to think about switching it out for a ceramic heat emitter (CHE); dragons need the dark at night, so maybe having his night light blow was a mixed blessing. I think CHEs may last longer and give steadier heat, too, than a bulb.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad your baby is doing better, after putting up the wall paper right now. They sure can
worry us to death. Glass surfing is done frequently & a lot of dragons will injure themselves
in the same manner.
He will eventually calm down for you!
Most of us here recommend the raw honey, because it works so well.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom