Worried about dragons scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otis10

Hi, today I noticed near the thick part of my bearded dragons tale , the scales seem to be separating from each other. And exposing what looks kind of like skin underneath & They seem softer than normal.
I also noticed a few spikes along with sides of his body seem to be loose, like they're going to fall off.
I made a vet appointment but can't get in for a few days. I'm scouring the internet unable to find out what the issue might be. I'm feeling pretty worried! anyone have ideas? ( edit. Added pic)
Thanks
107317-6335063618.jpg

Otis10

Original Poster
KarrieRee":186fqhiu said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box then click on the pic and it should post
Karrie

Thank you, hopefully I did it right!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely a picture or two would help immensely!
Looking forward to seeing what the scales look like. How long has your dragon had the
problems with the scales?

Tracie

Otis10

Original Poster
Drache613":3sv7j0wv said:
Hello,

Definitely a picture or two would help immensely!
Looking forward to seeing what the scales look like. How long has your dragon had the
problems with the scales?

Tracie

Thank you, I tried to do what the above user Said, I'm just not sure if it will post to the correct location. . Not Sure if I did it right? I'm brand new to this site.
I just noticed the problem today. I take him out every day So I'm pretty in tune with any changes.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

If you uploaded your picture with the link above (it uploads to this site) all you need to do is copy and paste the XIMG code of your image into your post.

Alternatively, when you are making a post, you can use the XIMG button above the text box to view the pictures you've uploaded, and then you can just click on the one you want to put in your post.

-Brandon

Otis10

Original Poster
claudiusx":3iqf3yub said:
Hi there,

If you uploaded your picture with the link above (it uploads to this site) all you need to do is copy and paste the XIMG code of your image into your post.

Alternatively, when you are making a post, you can use the XIMG button above the text box to view the pictures you've uploaded, and then you can just click on the one you want to put in your post.

-Brandon

Thanks! Got it now :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok I see the picture :)

Nothing looks too abnormal there. Your dragon looks adult sized? As they get that larger, their shedding can become really odd and patchy since it happens so infrequently. those lighter scales just look like pressed. It might spread to more of the tail or it's possible only those bands will shed.

But, nothing looks concerning to me :)

-Brandon

Otis10

Original Poster
claudiusx":3tsh9mqc said:
Ok I see the picture :)

Nothing looks too abnormal there. Your dragon looks adult sized? As they get that larger, their shedding can become really odd and patchy since it happens so infrequently. those lighter scales just look like pressed. It might spread to more of the tail or it's possible only those bands will shed.

But, nothing looks concerning to me :)

-Brandon

Thanks for your comment, He's 7 months old, so still sheading periodically. I beleive the Bands are just part of his colouring. What I'm worried about is the spaces in between the individual scales. Like they don't look so tightly pressed together as usual. Also on the side of his belly spikes, A few spikes seem to be starting to fall off.
It almost feels like his scales & spikes in those areas feel much softer than normal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the scales look pretty normal, but possible discoloration from an upcoming shed?
How long have they looked like that?
It doesn't look fungal though, so I would give it time & if he is going to shed the skin will go
through several color variations before it finally sheds off.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom