Healthy weights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
DragonPete":3w32cpdp said:
DragonQueen3":3w32cpdp said:
Well, after a day nd a half with no bugs Forrest is willingly eating greens now.

Just watched him munch down some mustard greens after running to the wall where I put his food bowl
LOL Funny how that works huh? ?

Yeah... it depends. ZaRDoZ will hold out for days at a time, and even then just nibble if it's not one of the few things he likes. If he weren't young & growing/developing, I might hold out longer, but in a way it feels like sending a kid to bed without supper but not telling her/him why... :|

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was checking out Forrest tail last night as it looks like he lost some scales and I realized I can feel his hip bones when near the top of his tail.

Do you guys think it's because he is a little skinny or because of his handicapp?

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Their bones do stick out a bit in some spots. There should also be some fat pads at the top of the tail. These will become more pronounced when they are adults and stop growing so quickly - they will reserve more energy.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have a feeding regimine based more on dragons gaining muscle?

I've been feeding Forrest anything he will eat since he is a rescue and I have no clue of his previous diet. After a couple weeks of attempting to hand feed ive got him on mustard greens, dubias roaches and super worms everyday. I had him eating crickets to but he lost interest during shed time.

His favorite is the super worms and I'd like to give him less of them if anyone has any alternative worm/snack items. He does like BSF but can eat half the container of 50 in 1 feeding

Currently attempting to mix in some of the dehydrated veggie and fruit mix by zilla? with fresh greens to add a bit of variety.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My rescue gained weight and muscle on a mostly vegetarian diet. He does get dubia roaches and various worms but I try to focus on offering a variety of veges every day as the main part of the meals. I'd skip the freeze dried food and just keep fresh veges on rotation based on what is fresh at the store.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, in a strange turn of events, My rescue dragon is the only one scarfing down his salad this morning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom