Beardie pus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faithm987

So, my beardie has what I believe to be a pus pocket on his snout right above his nostrils, and it seems to be getting bigger. The pus itself is clear with a yellow tint, and it seems to bother him when I get near it and/or touch it with a q tip, should I go to a vet? or let it be? Suggestions on home remedies maybe?
full

faithm987

Original Poster
he does get really close, how would I be able to tell if it's a burn? it seems to be spreading if it is a burn how do I treat it and prevent it from happening again?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Spreading? Not good- need to see it first- burns don't spread- inorder to help post pic of it--- Tracie drache613 our vet mod or ahbd would be able to help but they need to see it
Karrie

faithm987

Original Poster
I posted a picture and now it seems another one is starting to come up on his eye that I didnt notice before, i dont know if its urgent but i have to wait until thursday to do anything, that's when I get paid unless its urgent

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where did you post your picture? I am not seeing it at the moment.
How long has the nostril area looked this way?
Is it bumps/blisters or just odd looking skin?

Tracie

faithm987

Original Poster
it's just been from over the weekend, maybe friday night or thursday I noticed them but they werent big enough to be a big concern

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I see that and I have not a clue --- Tracie will haft to look or AHBD --- you can always PM them and ask and make sure they see the pic
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That just looks like a small area of unshed skin, I see my beardies like that many times. Dab a paper towel on it , you'll probably see that it's not wet but is just skin.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you dab it now + post a pic of the Q-tip ? Just want to see if it's just soft scales.

faithm987

Original Poster
I dont wanna forcibly bust the pocket, I only swabbed it when it looked wet but when I fer home I can I just dont know what to do with it because it's obviously hurting him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm 99% sure that's just a shed coming off, beardies generally don't like those areas to be touched. They don't like anywhere near the eye being touched , doesn't mean that it hurts at all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it does look like it is going to shed. There is a layer of fluids between the unshed
skin/scales & the newly developed scales underneath which is likely what you are seeing &
feeling.
If he isn't too close to his basking light then it really can't be any type of burn.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom