Mark on my beardie belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumoraes

107270-9438772313.jpg
My beardie has a mark on his belly.. I noticed it 10 days ago. It doesn’t seem to be getting any worse or any better. Any advice would be appreciated.
107270-2962798686.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like a stain of some sort -- have you tried washing it off?
Karrie

Jumoraes

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3fgsivyj said:
Looks like a stain of some sort -- have you tried washing it off?
Karrie

Thanks for your reply Karrie but, yes, I have washed him several times since the mark appeared.
There is a part of me that is wondering whether it’s a burn. I don’t have a heat rock or pad...but the surface where the heat lamp stands on can get quite hot..which I only realised recently! I have placed a thick cloth over the surface now to protect him...but I don’t know if damage has been done.

In the last three days he’s had a big skin-shed...and the marked skin on his belly has not split or anything. It’s not seeping either and when I pass my fingers on it, it doesn’t seem to bother him.

Aside from the mark, he is behaving and eating normally. It just doesn’t seem to be getting better...or worse! But I’m concerned as to what it could be and whether there was anything I could do at home to help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Need to have someone else look-- in the meantime I would ditch the decor that's getting too hot-- PetSmart has great decor for dragons- things that will give gradient temps and they don't heat up like that easy to wash as well
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom