Beardie with eye problems (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so you need to get the a decor piece sitting directly under the UVB and I see its wide screen so the UVB tube you got is a T 5 or a T 8? Tube makes a difference how far the decor is --- w/ a T 5 decor piece needs to be 8-10 inches from light -- if its a T 8 it need to go inside the tank - you can use long plastic zip ties -- 3M velcro fasteners --- shoe laces -- boot laces--- fishing line or picture wire hanger --
I saw the bubble come out of his mouth but didnt hear anything -- its good that vet appt was made -- did you try the honey/ warm water AHBD recommeded ?
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
T 5, and he's okay in the mouth department now, I thinkI was just panicking. He's been more active with the new lighting and the only problem I'm seeing with him is he finds it hard to open his eyes and sometimes theres goop in it. Also the honey and water thing, I can't find the post? Could you tell me what that is?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Unpasteurized honey /warm water- use a Q tip to put on eye - if there is an infection the honey should clear it up --- AHBD posted on the first page of this posting -- NO crickets in tank - they will be drawn to the honey --- if your feeding crickets feed outside of the tank like in a tote ---- what are you using for a basking bulb and how close is it to the basking spot ---- T 5 on top of screen 8-10 inches from basking decor
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so eye issue wouldnt be that ---- has he been in the tank w/ crickets that have possibly bitten him?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are you feeding for a staple feeder? I recommend dubia roaches --- they are way less care -- they are better nutrition and they dont stink or chirp--- you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium and feed them carrots for hysration and dubia food squash etc ---- you can order them from here
www.dubiaroaches.com --- they also have good worms like horn worms butter worms -- supers -meal worms
www.symtonbsf.com --- good staple feeder - you need to order large tho and dont dust them w/ calcium
www.mulberryfarms.com --- good silk worms and they are on sale now
here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html -- mix his greens up -- this site will tell you what to feed how often to feed and and what NOT to feed
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
Right now we're feeding him worms until we get crickets because we had Dubai roaches and crickets in the past but it didn't work out, so we've been feeding worms and kale but he doesn't seem interested in anything that doesn't move

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get a glass bowl that worms cant get out of ---- get the BSFL they are a worm so to speak -- make your salad I serve collards turnip greens and kale mixed 2 of of them not all 3 at the same time - also been serving prickly pear cactus that I ordered off amazon the leaf pads - that too is a staple -- anyway I also serve zucchini or yellow squash and put this all in that glass bowl -- then I take BSFL as many as you want and put on top along w/ maybe a horn worm a silk worm and 1-3 supers -- add them to the bowl in front of him- this will draw him to the bowl - and let him eat from that bowl for like an hour and then feed his staple feeder --- whether its just a dish of BSFL -- but we have had people saying the BSFL have been coming out undigested because the dragon is eating them so fast and not chewing them up so ----- just to let you know
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Everyday he needs fresh greens every morning -- feed first thing in the morning---- I pull some of the greens not all and add staple feeder after an HR - then leave the bowl till afternoon then pull it save worms if they aren't eaten all and throw greens
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
Okay!
107193-8916557966.jpg
His eyes are looking better and open all the way because I wiped them gently with my thumb and a soft towel and got all the gunk off. Should I do this every day? Tomorrow we're trying the honey thing

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes apply the honey/ warm water- see if it clears it up- if it doesn't a trip to the vet would be in order--- if you need a vet - here is a website to help find one--
www.arav.org
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom