First clutch concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreynolds875

Hello! I have searched the forum for information on small clutches but am having a hard time finding results. My girl Basil is about a year and a half old and started having her clutch on 1/24/20. She laid about an egg a day and has laid 6 eggs total. She was digging so much until yesterday, I had her in a lay box for a couple days but she wouldn’t lay in the box. She ate for the first time yesterday and ate a ton. I’ve been giving her fluids and baths regularly. Today is the first time since she started laying that she had a poop. 1/28 was the last egg she laid.

From what I’ve read it’s not normal for beardies to lay so few eggs. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I be concerned?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He there, Basil did lay an abnormal amount and also odd that they were laid singularly throughout a 6 day period. Some dragons do lay just a few eggs, it's not the norm but it's not always a health problem. It's good that she's eating, b sure to dust her food with calcium but not too heavily. Can you post a full body [ic of Basil, a pic of her laybox and a pic of her tank + lighting ? What type of uvb bulb do you have for her, list the brand + name, wattage, size and post a pic of the bulbs as well. Also how old the uvb bulb is. Without good uvb + heat it will affect calcium her ability to absorb calcium and will have a negative impact on all aspects of her health, including egg production + laying. Hopefully your girl is fine . :) Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

kreynolds875

Original Poster
I got a UVB bulb at PetSmart (All Living Things brand, UVB25; T8 18" 15W), the light is ZooMed LF-60 Terrarium Hood T8. I have a ceramic heating element on the other side for basking. I have the top off of the tank in the picture, but usually the UVB is sitting above her hammock and a little over the log. I bought the bulb around Thanksgiving 2019.

107261-2964831917.jpg

Lay Box pic:
107261-6731356582.jpg
107261-3642326552.jpg

Pics of my girl:
107261-2268803232.jpg
107261-1565226796.jpg
107261-1034342708.jpg

The last picture I posted this morning, she was ready and waiting for her food bowl. :)

I had put some dirt/play sand mix in her aquarium because she wasn't using the lay box, but I've removed that and gone back to using felt pads again since she has stopped digging. Let me know if I need to add any other pictures!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks healthy and it's good that she has a strong appetite. :) Some people have said that All Living Things uvb brand is not a good one but hopefully since she can get close to it she gets enough uvb. I would suggest upgrading her to a larger enclosure just so she has more room though at some point. The laybox was well done and can be kept for future use if need be. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom