Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has been doing that sometimes out of nowhere. She doesn't do it constantly every min, only once in a while I'll see her do that. I don't know why she does that. I've been trying to find out the reason but can't find it anywhere. I hope someone can let us know why they do that. I hope your beardie is doing well. He seems so precious.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he tracking something with his eyes or just tilting his head over and over with no apparent reason? I agree that a vet visit is probably a good idea. If the head tilting doesn't appear to be voluntary then it could be a sign of a neurological issue or possibly atadenovirus.

PH1L0D3NDR0N

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3a0zpoa0 said:
Is he tracking something with his eyes or just tilting his head over and over with no apparent reason? I agree that a vet visit is probably a good idea. If the head tilting doesn't appear to be voluntary then it could be a sign of a neurological issue or possibly atadenovirus.
No hes not tracking anything, he just started doing it for no reason.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like to me a calcium deficiency but I am no vet ---- a vet appt is recommended---- please post pics of his tank and lighting primarily the UVB --- what are you using and where in the tank is it ?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

PH1L0D3NDR0N

Original Poster

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok well there is not anything we can do to help IF it is ADV - or neurological issues- the only thing I can tell you is the UVB is good but it is not strong enough to get thru the screen if you have it sitting on top and if there is a cover over that bulb - I would change the bulb out to a 10.0--- you are using a 5.0 that is more for aquarium tank - get it inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from the basking decor ---- if you get the 10.0 bulb which I highly recommend get it in the tank approx 8-10 inches from his basking decor--- you need to do this ASAP------ and NO cover over the bulb -- you want it exposed!!!!
Karrie

PH1L0D3NDR0N

Original Poster
KarrieRee":hj2ev4q8 said:
ok well there is not anything we can do to help IF it is ADV - or neurological issues- the only thing I can tell you is the UVB is good but it is not strong enough to get thru the screen if you have it sitting on top and if there is a cover over that bulb - I would change the bulb out to a 10.0--- you are using a 5.0 that is more for aquarium tank - get it inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from the basking decor ---- if you get the 10.0 bulb which I highly recommend get it in the tank approx 8-10 inches from his basking decor--- you need to do this ASAP------ and NO cover over the bulb -- you want it exposed!!!!
Karrie
Heres a picture of his tank
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xRcaBvr6NPq8qnZS7
Hope link works
The UVB is hanging with chains and wire from the top.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the UVB looks like its in good position --- so w/ him doing the head thing I am not sure - are you giving calcium and how are you feeding the insects- w/ the loose substrate I am concerned about that -- what is it? wood chips? what kind? too much risk of impaction - if he were to ingest one and it was sharp it could cause intestinal damage --- we recommend no loose substrate --- the only thing going back to the head shaking like he is something is going on neurologically - how often is he doing this ? every day - all day --- ? there is no way for me to diagnose him as I am not a vet and he would need to be seen by a vet so they can do testing --- IF it is ADV it will continue to get worse - they can test for that --- it is fatal -- that is no fault of yours --- petstores seem to sell a lot of them --- sick --- comes from the breeder --- you should google it --- adenovirus --- not eating much eather hes gotten skinnier--- and his teeth dont look good --------------- all the more reason for a vet visit
Karrie

PH1L0D3NDR0N

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2atfueqp said:
Ok so the UVB looks like its in good position --- so w/ him doing the head thing I am not sure - are you giving calcium and how are you feeding the insects- w/ the loose substrate I am concerned about that -- what is it? wood chips? what kind? too much risk of impaction - if he were to ingest one and it was sharp it could cause intestinal damage --- we recommend no loose substrate --- the only thing going back to the head shaking like he is something is going on neurologically - how often is he doing this ? every day - all day --- ? there is no way for me to diagnose him as I am not a vet and he would need to be seen by a vet so they can do testing --- IF it is ADV it will continue to get worse - they can test for that --- it is fatal -- that is no fault of yours --- petstores seem to sell a lot of them --- sick --- comes from the breeder --- you should google it --- adenovirus --- not eating much eather hes gotten skinnier--- and his teeth dont look good --------------- all the more reason for a vet visit
Karrie
How do I get him to open his mouth.
Its repti bark.
He only did it once.
I think he also has something in his eye.
I rescued him from near death he was skin and bones when I got him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Any sharp edges on the bark and he swallows them could lead to disaster-- I would get that out of the tank and use some paper towels for now --- you will haft to have another person hold him pry open his mouth I am not really sure how to have you get his mouth open - you could squeeze the side of his mouth-- maybe pull his bottom lip down and get a pic of his teeth that way ---some one else on here might have some ideas on how to get his mouth open here is a website to find a vet
www.arav.org
Karrie

PH1L0D3NDR0N

Original Poster
KarrieRee":j98ffce5 said:
Any sharp edges on the bark and he swallows them could lead to disaster-- I would get that out of the tank and use some paper towels for now --- you will haft to have another person hold him pry open his mouth I am not really sure how to have you get his mouth open - you could squeeze the side of his mouth-- maybe pull his bottom lip down and get a pic of his teeth that way ---some one else on here might have some ideas on how to get his mouth open here is a website to find a vet
http://www.arav.org
Karrie
Teeth from dec. 30/18
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3E4JfmEzxvrf1T9Z7
July 11/18
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ARpeFVupeAvfPwRa9

I don't know what is wrong with his eye eather
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JaCgRjLeBbY1XyGN7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom