very sick baby beardie- please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhdreptilenerd

Original Poster
I have a vet appointment set for Friday morning, it was the earliest I could get it. I’m going to get him those other laxatives and see if those help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing this evening?
I hope he hangs in there, until you can get him into the vets. Maybe he will improve
at home though. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

adhdreptilenerd

Original Poster
I gave him some applesauce which he seemed to like, he hasn’t been eating since he does probably have impaction so I’m glad he has at least something in him. He’s been opening his eyes more and seems to be able to hold himself up better. His bloating has gone a little but not a lot. Going to the vet tomorrow morning, I’ll remember no enemas and let you know if anything noteworthy happens.

adhdreptilenerd

Original Poster
He pooped! It was some urate but a pretty big poo. I've been at school all day so I don't know when he pooped but it wasn't all dried up when I found it. His bloating is basically completely gone and we have the vet appointment tomorrow so it seems like he's gonna recover!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is great to hear--- so go slow w/ the feeding- insects small I recommend dubia roaches- you can order them from here
http://www.reptilesplus.com-- you can order small superworms to add to his salad-- 1-3 - this will entice him to the glass bowl-- here is a nutrition site for salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
rinse the greens before serving for hydration- you can also order bsfl from here http://www.symtonbsf.com- order large - they do not need to be dusted-- feed the salad first thing in the morning top the salads w/ the bsfl and superworms let him see you do this it will get him to the bowl-- you can use as many bsfl as you want-- let him eat from the bowl for like an HR or so then take a little veggies out of bowl add your staple feeder in the glass bowl -- glad to hear he went potty
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear! I am betting that he probably feels a lot better, too.
As Karrie suggested, definitely go slowly with introducing any solid foods back for him to be
sure his system can handle it.
Hopefully the vet visit goes great! Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Tracie

adhdreptilenerd

Original Poster
Just got out of the vet. He said it was a calcium deficiency so he gave me a liquid calcium supplement. It also said to give him baths every other day to help hydrate him and get everything moving through him. He also dewormed him just in case he had them. Also said if he wasn’t eating gerber chicken would be good. He seemed to know what he was talking about, after a few days I’ll let you know if he improves or if abutting else happens!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If hes eating on his own do not force feed him -- that is the last thing you want to do - just feed him small meals per day - starting w/ his salads -- and a few worms to coak him to bowl - then feed him his insects-- dust his insects w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week - did he say anything about dusting the bugs ? If hes eating his salads and your rinsing before serving he should get enough moisture thru them and the gutloaded bugs your feeding him - meaning feed your bugs carrots - that will hydrate them
Karrie

adhdreptilenerd

Original Poster
he passed. I’m devastated, I don’t know what I did wrong, maybe it was just buying him from a chain pet store I don’t know. I was giving him his liquid calcium everyday, he was eating a little bit and even starting to walk again. All I can say is I miss him so much and I’m happy he’s finally out of his pain.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your little one passed. :cry:
I was cautiously optimistic when he started improving but it sounded like he was on the
road to recovery. It sounds sudden though. Was he ok after the vet visit?
You did your best & at least he wasn't alone. I'm sorry you lost him.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am so sorry ---- :( I was thinking too he had passed the milestone and was going to be ok - do you know what happened?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am sorry-- the hardest thing is the not knowing- :(-- they hide their illness so well- when and if you decide to get another one make sure you disinfect your tank really good since your not exactly sure as to why he passed-- it's heartbreaking I know been there 2 times :(
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom