Best care for disabled bearded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is his poop today.
107227-4791672686.jpg

It's a little wet, but I fed him some water today from a dropper. Other than that do you think everything is ok?

He pooped yesterday but I can't comment on the quality because it was in his bath.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's pretty close to perfect actually as far as color + consistency. BTW, don't worry about putting on muscle + gaining weight, he is a perfect size and keep in mind that over feeding as he becomes an adult will be counter productive + cause more harm than good. A lean beardie is generally healthier + avoids problems like gout , joint problems , organ/kidney problems + lack of mobility.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok that's good.

So all in all, he will need newspaper and shelfliner bedding, any logs and hammocks set up low so he can't fall off, and to try and get some exercise?

Thanks for everyone's help!

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you know of anything I could use to cover his nubs if I wanted to let him walk on the floor? Non adhesive liner in his cage, but what about when I take him out and let hikm explore and get exercise?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You could let him crawl on an old comforter on the floor or your bed [ an old one in case he has to poo suddenly ] Follow him around with a wad of newspaper in case you see that butt wiggle [ imminent bathroom episode ] to catch it on the paper + avoid a mess . Carpet is O.K for him to explore on as well, hard surfaces just for short periods.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you guys think he would do well in a bioactive environment? Or should I stick with newspaper and shelf liner as substrate?

I've been researching bioactive enclosures for almost 8 months now and feel confident I could put it together. I'm a spot cleaner so I know any poops and urates would be picked up in the event that the cleaner crew isn't fully grown and working yet.

But I'm now unsure if the soil and leaves would rub his little nubs raw or not.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you have the space and are confident in setting it up it might be worth a shot. I don't imagine the surfaces would be hard or rough enough to cause a problem but I don't have firsthand experience with bioactive setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom