Rainbow Mealworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got a order in this morning from Rainbow Mealworms and was horribly disappointed - I ordered silk worms and either half of them are dead in the container (15 total in container) or they are so small and about dead --- all 4 containers are like that -- I paid almost $50 for the order -- I am not ordering from them anymore - this is not the first time this has happened -- I have ordered silk worms from dubia roaches.com and they were nice big healthy worms -- I wont be recommending them anymore for sites to get silk worms from -- I have not ordered anything else from them
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad. Have you contacted them yet karrie? They might be willing to do a refund.

I use rainbow a lot, but have never ordered silks from them. The only place I've ever ordered silks was from mulberryfarms

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Not yet I have not contacted them - I was looking at mulberry farms but shipping is so expensive I didnt order from them - I just found another site called repitilianarts.com - they guarantee live so I ordered from them -- we will see how they are --
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I use ABDragons at times, $38 for 300 1/2 to 3/4 sized roaches, always had good service with all the suppliers I have delt with.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have gotten roaches from abdragons once --- they sent them in a bag -- I usually order all my roaches from dubiaroaches.com- also ordered once from kingroaches out of CA - never again they sent them loose in a box -- I had roaches everywhere --- I just tried another place called reptilianarts - ordered silk worms and also from mulberryfarms as well - I have not heard a word back from rainbow mealworms I sent pic to them on Thurs of the order and nothing -- got that order Thurs morning by Fri all the silk worms were dead that came alive and so tiny you could not hardly find them unless they were moving ---
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
KarrieRee":2bzoupdl said:
I have gotten roaches from abdragons once --- they sent them in a bag -- I usually order all my roaches from dubiaroaches.com- also ordered once from kingroaches out of CA - never again they sent them loose in a box -- I had roaches everywhere --- I just tried another place called reptilianarts - ordered silk worms and also from mulberryfarms as well - I have not heard a word back from rainbow mealworms I sent pic to them on Thurs of the order and nothing -- got that order Thurs morning by Fri all the silk worms were dead that came alive and so tiny you could not hardly find them unless they were moving ---
Karrie
They most likely won't respond until Monday, they are closed on weekends. I'm sure they will make it right if all the correct precautions were in effect to get their live arrival guarantee (insulated box, warmers, etc)

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Yeesh, so sorry you had a bad experience with Rainbow Mealworms... hope they do the right thing and give you a refund; silkworms are so expensive to begin with, and to get an order like that is insult to injury.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I got my order from Reptilian Arts for the silk worms and they are nice big healthy worms -- I also ordered butter worms from Elliots Bait and they are nice big butter worms as well and all alive on both orders -- I was happy and so were the dragons-- I am still waiting for Mulberrys order --
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
FWIW, I've been getting ½" Dubias from Reptile Deli. (Looks like their site may be going through some updating). They were at a couple of the shows we went to. Shipping has been prompt, well-packed, insulated, and packed with a heat pack (for the cold weather). This last time I ordered/got 1000 ($95 + $9 flat-rate). They come in a burlap bag, so I empty them into a bin and reorganize into smaller containers. Once we get a second mouth to feed, we'll probably look into breeding our own.

A while ago, I ordered 500 BSFL from SYMTON; that didn't go too well. Service was slow, and about 75% arrived black, dead, and/or pupated. They weren't moving at any rate, so they didn't spark ZaRDoZ' feeding response. We did contact them, and they did--eventually--send a replacement order (which was satisfactory--all white, live & kickin') but their response time was so slow that by the time the replacements arrived, ZaRDoZ had grown to the point of eating twice as many per meal, and I had already bought some various feeders at a local pet store. While SYMTON made things good eventually, I don't think we'll be patronizing them again.

Still looking for a good source for Superworms. I held off at first because I read someplace that ZaRDoZ was too young for them(?) But I got some locally while waiting for SYMTON, and he had no problems eating them at all--in fact he loves 'em! He also likes the giant meal worms (allegedly they don't pupate?) we got for him to try.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I feed blaze 3 supers per day but he does not usually eat them all- meal worms I don't feed only to my 2 yr old and he's not hot on them -- his favorite is silk and horn- blaze is not to lucky about worms yet-- hiccup is a different story and it's funny how he can distinguish the different worms- I am assuming it's color
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":11y04itc said:
I got a order in this morning from Rainbow Mealworms and was horribly disappointed - I ordered silk worms and either half of them are dead in the container (15 total in container) or they are so small and about dead --- all 4 containers are like that -- I paid almost $50 for the order -- I am not ordering from them anymore - this is not the first time this has happened -- I have ordered silk worms from dubia roaches.com and they were nice big healthy worms -- I wont be recommending them anymore for sites to get silk worms from -- I have not ordered anything else from them
Karrie
Do you live in california?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So I got the orders from Reptilian Arts and today Mulberry Farms came -- both orders are great --- nice big healthy worms - from Mulberry I had to take the worms out of what they were shipped in and placed in several plastic containers I have been saving thank goodness and I got silk worm chow from Rainbow so I had to make some of that up - that was the only good thing I got out of that $50 order from them - I wont be ordering from Rainbow again -- they have never responded after I sent them pictures of the order they sent me --- mostly dead and teeny tiny silk worms that did not survive --- out of 36 worms from them Hiccup got maybe 4
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KarrieRee":2ehnzrnz said:
I feed blaze 3 supers per day but he does not usually eat them all- meal worms I don't feed only to my 2 yr old and he's not hot on them -- his favorite is silk and horn- blaze is not to lucky about worms yet-- hiccup is a different story and it's funny how he can distinguish the different worms- I am assuming it's color
Karrie
Huh... ZaRDoZ relishes anything that moves... Dubias, Supers, BSFL, and both giant & regular meal worms. If it's not moving, he's not interested, including salad.

One of the ways I've been able to trick him is to let the dubias crawl around under the salad--making it move. Then he'll much a mouthful; otherwise it's kinda a matter of luck getting some while going for a roach. Fortunately, the roaches like clinging to salad morsels, which aids the process... :wink:

Could be color/appearance; I would have assumed they smell different (to a dragon). :lol:

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Just my 2 cents. I get Petey's Supers from DBDPET thru Amazon but they have website too.
http://www.dbdpet.com
I think I paid about $11 for 100. Last check was $14. They were all alive, active, packed in a cloth sack with shredded brown paper and had heat pack outside the sack, all in a small box. They also autoship if you're interested and carry other things like UVB lights.
Passing along another option for those looking.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom