I’m scared of my dragons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodabeardiemom

Original Poster
Hi Karrie

You mentioned dusting 5x per week with calcium and vitamins 2x per week. Can you recommend the vitamins?

Thanks!
Darquise

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Reptivite or jurasivite I think - I will confirm in the morning
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am using the the jurassiVite - it has beta carotene as the Vit A- it also has the D3 in it - so the days I am using the vitamins they are still getting the D3 as well - I dust w/ the vitamins 2 times per week -
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
My mom was scared of Mari when I first got her, so I said “What is this tiny lizard going to do, eat you? Fire lasers out of her eyes at you?”

Idk, that perspective made my mom realize Mari isn’t scary. She’s afraid to pick her up but I said “the worst she can do is lick your fingernails because your nail polish is interesting to her.” ?

Hello Darquise!

Your babies are so adorable! I noticed that you are afraid of the babies. I used to be afraid of reptiles (years ago) and I have a few tips.

People can be afraid of being bitten until it happens and there's really no pain. Baby dragons teeth are not fully grown. They also don't have the jaw strength to bite hard and there's no real breaking of skin. I have not been bitten by my adult dragon at all. She's really relaxed.

If you can put a chair near the terrariums, you can just sit and watch them. You could even read to them. It will help them get used to your voice. Also, they will get used to your presence.

Don't make sudden movements with your hands in the terrarium if they back away. Try to fight that reaction. Try not to approach them with open hands toward them. It makes your hand look like a predator trying to scoop them up. Place your hand along the inside of the terrarium and slowly move your hand down toward the food bowl or to clean.

After they seem more curious than scared, lower your hand palm side up near them. They may hop onto your hand.

Hopefully this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom