I’m scared of my dragons!

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Re: I’m scared of my dragons!

Postby Yodabeardiemom » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi Karrie

You mentioned dusting 5x per week with calcium and vitamins 2x per week. Can you recommend the vitamins?

Thanks!
Darquise
Yodabeardiemom
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Reptivite or jurasivite I think - I will confirm in the morning
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby Yodabeardiemom » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Ok thank you!
Yodabeardiemom
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:02 am

I am using the the jurassiVite - it has beta carotene as the Vit A- it also has the D3 in it - so the days I am using the vitamins they are still getting the D3 as well - I dust w/ the vitamins 2 times per week -
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby Yodabeardiemom » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:19 am

Thanks Karrie

You have really helped me a lot with this new passion of mine! Wish you lived closer lol!

Darquise
Yodabeardiemom
Newbie Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 pm

My mom was scared of Mari when I first got her, so I said “What is this tiny lizard going to do, eat you? Fire lasers out of her eyes at you?”

Idk, that perspective made my mom realize Mari isn’t scary. She’s afraid to pick her up but I said “the worst she can do is lick your fingernails because your nail polish is interesting to her.” 😂
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

Postby AlwaysLost » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:45 pm

Hello Darquise!

Your babies are so adorable! I noticed that you are afraid of the babies. I used to be afraid of reptiles (years ago) and I have a few tips.

People can be afraid of being bitten until it happens and there's really no pain. Baby dragons teeth are not fully grown. They also don't have the jaw strength to bite hard and there's no real breaking of skin. I have not been bitten by my adult dragon at all. She's really relaxed.

If you can put a chair near the terrariums, you can just sit and watch them. You could even read to them. It will help them get used to your voice. Also, they will get used to your presence.

Don't make sudden movements with your hands in the terrarium if they back away. Try to fight that reaction. Try not to approach them with open hands toward them. It makes your hand look like a predator trying to scoop them up. Place your hand along the inside of the terrarium and slowly move your hand down toward the food bowl or to clean.

After they seem more curious than scared, lower your hand palm side up near them. They may hop onto your hand.

Hopefully this helps!
AlwaysLost
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Introductions