Suspected tumour in cloacal vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmt889

Original Poster
Ok thanks! I'll head out to find them after posting this.

Full image of her (excuse the editing, didn't feel comfortable about exposing my face) : https://ibb.co/gFNjtLs

Image of cloacal: https://ibb.co/r45My8z
The angle doesn't really show any improvement but what was a bulge yesterday, feels more like a dent now? But u can still tell that her tail is swollen.

The bulge also feels sorta soft, less firm than it was yesterday, or I could be imagining things ? Could an abscess be possible?

jdmt889

Original Poster
Update:

Took her to another vet. Probed her and determined tht she's a girl. Vet began with two possibilities

1. An intestinal prolapse
2. Some form of mass

After probing her, we were certain that she has a mass because there was foreign tissue blocking the rectal canal.

I've been given anti-inflammatory which will reduce the swelling, slow down mass growth. An exotic omnivore formula was also given to be fed 5ml/day. The vet did however state that it could possibly be an inflammation due to parasites, so a fecal examination will be conducted once my little girl poops(hopefully tmr)

I honestly dont want to risk a surgery because there are too many important tissues in their cloaca. Not to mention, even if it is successful she'll be in alot of pain whenever she poops due to the suture location, and there's a chance of regrowth too... Bill isn't the issue (tho it is fairly pricey), I just don't want her to suffer... I don't know what to do next

Energy wise, Drake seems to be alright, just being her usual self. Appetite is slowly coming back (but she definitely hates the formula food).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't think parasites would cause this. Hopefully the anti inflammatory helps. Have you gotten the honey ? Many vets are using it now, it's used in human + animal treatment more + more, one of the best things for infection /inflammation. And if you were feeding her silkworms, those contain serrapeptase which is a natural anti-inflammatory, you can Google it. So those would be good for her.

jdmt889

Original Poster
Yup I got some raw manuka honey with a Kfactor of 16. I've been applying it (after watering it down) onto her cloaca. I must say this is some miracle honey, my sore throat was the gone the next day after taking a small spoonful of it, so I hope it helps Drake too ?.

And wow I didn't realize silkworms had such benefits! They're expensive here but totally worth the dollar.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Glad it helped your sore throat, hope it helps your good girl ! Honey is amazing, even being used in a children's cancer center in Bonne Germany for wounds that won't heal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sure pulling for her, bless her! How is she doing this evening?
The honey is amazing, I completely agree. Did you get a fecal done on her yet?
Honestly, the best outcome would be an abscess because that could probably be more
easily treated than a growth could be. Surgery on that area would definitely be painful for
her so it sounds like a good option to try & avoid that.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

jdmt889

Original Poster
She's been acting completely normal. Definitely hating the formula food, but she is gaining some weight back. She doesn't seem to be having any noticeable side effects from the anti-inflammatory. But with regards to the mass, I'm guessing it'll take a few more days for it's effects to become obvious.

She's actually been drinking alot of water... Whenever I take her to sink for a bath after she poops, she goes crazy for the water. Any of you experience that with your dragons?

I actually just submitted a sample of her faeces for the test, I'm guessing it'll take a day or two to get results?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it normally takes a day or two for fecal tests to come back in if they have to send it
off to an external lab off site from their office.
I hope that the anti-inflammatory helps her out, poor girl! At least she seems to be gaining
some weight back. A lot of them don't really care for the taste of the powdered or formula
foods. They will learn to drink water in the bath, is that what she does?
A lot of them will also go to the bathroom when you bathe them too, so that can be helpful
also.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

jdmt889

Original Poster
Hello everyone, apologies for the late reply. She's doing alright for now, but I'm certain that the mass is starting to irritate her. The vet prescribed a medication that would help soften her poop, so it'll essentially "slide" out more easily without her straining too hard. Even so, she's been scratching her cloaca area on the rock every hour or so, it really hurts to see her like this. Fortunately the food formula is helping to maintain her weight, but force feeding your beardie is just a painful experience because she clearly doesn't like it ?.

My family and I have decided to book a surgery at the best hospital in our province (a different location to the last 2 clinics) which will be a few hours drive. It's been a difficult decision to make, because a recovery will be tough, especially with a suture in that awkward area. I've tried persuading myself that euthanasia is the best for her if things get worse, but at the end of the day, none of my family members including myself want to give up on her.

P. S. A bit of good news tho, the fecal came back normal, no parasites found!

I'll keep updating this thread.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What a tough decision. I'm glad you have found a place to feel comfortable with performing the surgery. We are all rooting for you two!

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, it's good to give her a chance because the alternative is for this thing to keep growing or become infected. Once she's had surgery don't feed her anything for the first few days so that she won't have the urge to poo which would cause pain or tear the tissue in that area. A few days w/out food will not be harmful. Then start on soft foods + hydration. I'm also really wishing the best possible outcome !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good you did find a vet you are confident enough in doing the surgery. When are
you having it done?
I hope she does well, poor thing! I am thinking about you both.
At least no parasites were found so that is positive. I agree, she deserves a chance & since
she is still fighting, it sounds like her health has not been affected much other than the area
with the mass. Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom