Pig Out or Nibbler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Just curious. Does your baby pig out at meals or nibble all day? Obviously referring to salads. I think most eat bugs/worms fairly quickly.
Petey eats a few bites, basks for awhile, eats a few more, rinse and repeat all day.
Now with his worms, I have to feed each individually or he will inhale them all without bothering to actually chew. If I give 1 at a time, no issue. If I put them in a bowl, he sucks them up like a Hoover! Resulting in only partially digested worms.
I think this might be caused by millions of years of evolution. Large amount of bugs, eat as many as possible before they get away, since they never know when they'll find more. I guess they know the salad isn't going anywhere. ?
Anyway would love to hear others thoughts on this and how your beardie eats.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All of mine pig out on their salads. None of the 5 I have now have ever really been ones for constant nibbling. more like constant black holes LOL.

It is pretty common for them to suck down the BSFL instead of chewing them properly. So trying to make them eat those slower is a good idea.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You know Petey gets Supers every 2-3 days. But I have to go 1 at a time or he'll have half Supers in his poo which is nasty at best. ? But he has never scarfed down his salad. He'll eat it all or at least 90% but takes all day. Of course Petey is 2.5 +/-. Maybe they slow down some when they get older?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom