Beardie ate dead crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
There were some dead crickets in my holder with the live ones. I think my beardie ate a couple of the dead ones. Is he going to be sic or die? What should I be looking for? He ate some salad and drank some water just now, he's behaving normal.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They arent going to hurt him but I would remove the dead ones they cause a lot of stink
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Provided these dead crickets were still fresh , that's not a problem 95% of the time . If dead because they've been exposed to a toxin … that's bad.

If they were starting to go off , oozing fluids , not good , will like make the dragon sick.

I can't see any reptile touching a cricket that started to smell like rotten prawns.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":12rvbl08 said:
Provided these dead crickets were still fresh , that's not a problem 95% of the time . If dead because they've been exposed to a toxin … that's bad.

If they were starting to go off , oozing fluids , not good , will like make the dragon sick.

I can't see any reptile touching a cricket that started to smell like rotten prawns.

Thanks, he seems ok :)

Follow-up tho, he had a container of dubia roaches. Some are dead and I see a couple larvae in there. However, the one I took out and fed him was definitely still alive. No toxins were in there. He should be ok, right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just fish the dead ones out and clean out the container they are in
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes he should be fine - I clean out the dead ones all the time -- and no toxins are there
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom