UVB for 20 long aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not ideal. My beardie is ADV positive so I need to rearrange. Right now I have the Zoo Med Reptisun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood and the Zoo Med Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB High Output Bulbs. I need to move her lower so this light will no longer work. I need the UVB to be inside. What light and light fixture should I purchase?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You cannot put a T 5 or a T 8 in the tank - T 5's require 12-15 inches a T 8 8-10-- you need to take the screen off the tank and set it directly on top -- you can set the fixture width wise like I did for my 20 gallon long - you can use half the screen on top like I had mine set up w/ the basking bulb clamped to the end of the tank and the UVB T 8 going width wise --- here is a pic of how I had it set up - I was using a 75 watt basking bulb - those tanks heat quick so make sure you watch your temps
97951-9562450009.jpg
I am sorry to hear your dragon is ADV positive ---
Sorry you can use your fixture just drop the bulb down to a T 8
Karrie

Sunshineth33

Original Poster
Thank you for the info. I have the T5 HO, if I take the screen off do you think the height distance will be okay?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
With a T 8 yes if you look at the picture of mine its approx 10 inches from where Blaze was sitting - no screen and no cover on the bulb and he should be fine - measure your decor piece from fixture - unless someone else tells you different about the bulbs I would think the T 8 would be good since he is sick ---
Karrie

Sunshineth33

Original Poster
At this point I have a T5 HO on top of a large holed screen. It is 10 inches from her back. Is this okay for her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That should be ok since the screen is going to cut 30% of those rays --- lets see if someone else weighs in on that and if it will be ok --- I am hesitant since she is sick and I dont want her health to suffer because I was incorrect w/ what I am telling you --- T 5' are stronger and we have advised that people can use them w/ wide holed screens --
Karrie

I think the t5 may be too strong if you have a reflector even over mesh my beardie eyes seemed irrtated when i tried it that way but if your beardi seems fine dont worry about it

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The T5 with a 10.0/12% bulb should be OK at that distance shining through a mesh top and you have it to one side so there is a gradient down to very little or no UVB. If you take the top off, I would change the bulb out to a 5.0/6% bulb to reduce output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom