Refuses to eat now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glamamama

Hatchling Member
My boy usually is a huge eater and loves his greens (dandelion/collard/turnip/mustard green/butternut/zucchini, vitamin 2x a week and probiotic Samer and dubia. He has good temps digital/temp gun 102-4 ish in basking, Reptisun changed 2x a year. 40 gal long tank plenty of exercise time out of tank, monitor weight it is stable he lost a little this winter but he was getting on his heavy side anyway.

The past week he all the sudden wants no dubia at all. Still eating salad and totally crazy interested in his 1-2 supers a week. Is this a worm? He had fecal done in late fall and again this week fecal was 100% negative for any parasites it was fine.is this just winter behavior? [*]
91196-7018303582.jpg
91196-2818971588.jpg
91196-7018303582.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the white stuff???????????? Urate ???? If it is he is dehydrated -- urate should be moist formed and white - not dried out looking chalky!!! I dont know if that is a worm or not someone else would haft to look and see what they think - in the mean time I would get the dragon into a bath - syringe feed water or drop water on his nose -- is he eating his salads?
Karrie

Glamamama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aaah, it is moist not dry and chalky. Just the presentation in the photo. He is quite hydrated the paper towel is wet around the urate. He eats a lot of healthy greens as I mentioned in my post. The poop looks a little looser than usual but he normally poops most days and def not dried out. Yes, as I noted he is still eating his salad just all the sudden not interested in dubia this week. I have my own colony healthy——they eat same organic greens he does.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How much calcium are you giving him -- could be too much of that
Karrie

Glamamama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nope, I am a freak with his care. He gets Repashy Calcium Plus just a sprinkle maybe 3x a week. Here is him recently and a normal poop pic from a few weeks ago. Usually the paper towel is very wet bc he eats so much greens but only poops maybe once a day.i was worried about the wormlike thing in his first poop but maybe I’m being paranoid.
91196-1425152510.jpg
91196-282723108.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom