Broly the new super saiyan beardie

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Broly the new super saiyan beardie

Postby BlueDragon09 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 pm

Hey,

Im so tired these days. Idk if I have energy for TLDR anymore. I haven't written any TLDR.

Broly's doing fine. Still dropping small amounts of weight. 593 now. He's barely eating not polishing off any bowls of food like he's done before he started this. I gave him bugs but he only ate 2..I tried more he was done hunting them. He didn't want them in a bowl either. He was eager to eat even if it's not more than I liked to see. He ate some squash but still no greens. Oh, but he'll polish off fruit no problem..it's the stubborn phase yet again. He only wants fruit but eat bits of his favorite, squash and bugs. I shouldn't complain...other people have it worse. People are dealing with sick or not eating beardies.

Nobody's napping for the most part. Jamie is slowing down on drinking.

Glad for Puff. I only have two dragons and geckos who will without hesitation. Broly not so much...he'll do what he likes.

I gotta go to bed.
Been diagnosed with asperger's syndrome.
BlueDragon09
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby SHBailey » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:35 am

Hi...

Broly and Puff are alot alike as far as their eating habits are concerned, except that I haven't tried Puff on fruit lately -- he's never liked it in the past. But otherwise he eats squash (kabocha is his favorite, but he'll go for butternut too) most of the time and greens once in a while, but he won't bother going "downstairs" to where we keep the veggies at the cool end of the tank. They'd be cooked by the end of the day if we put them on his basking platform where they'd be in easy reach. We take him out of his tank and put him in a special feeding bin when he gets his bugs, otherwise the ones he fails to catch would be all over the tank. At that time we also hand feed him veggies. He's taken a like to leeks lately, but they're not a good nutritious staple for beardies so he only gets a little bit -- any amount of greens is better than none.

Puff gained some of the weight that Broly lost -- just over 500 grams at his last weighing. And you're right -- we're lucky our beardies are reasonably healthy. Some are much worse off.

Puff is napping a little more than usual lately, but doesn't stay in his hide all day. We wouldn't let him do that if he wanted to. Not healthy enough to brumate. But he cooperates when we take him out of his hide for bath and food, and almost always eats bugs if nothing else.

Still extremely cold here -- subzero temperatures even in the daytime. No one is going outside unless absolutely necessary, although it looks like a beautiful Christmas card out there when you sit by the heater and look out the window. :)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby BlueDragon09 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Hey,

Broly been eating more now but haven't tried greens yet. well I have..but he doesn't eat. He ate more bugs than the usual two to three. He got four before he got bored. He almost polishes off a whole bowl of squash. He wasn't running around like a mad man, today was more calm. I can't say every day he's like this. I will weigh him February 4.

Nobody napping though it's been relatively warm. It was 65f today in February...supposed to be cold. It rained so nobody went out too wet and humid.

I've been learning German from my best guy friend who is from Germany. Tom has already spoken to him so they know each other so to speak. We don't really know each other and probably never will. We do speak on Discord like actually talk no worries, no fees it's free on wifi. Data is different, it definitely would cost on phone data. Texting no issue though because not really using phone number. Idk maybe it wouldn't cost on data to call but not chancing it. He would like to visit us one day.

I guess Idk what else to respond to...so goodnight.
BlueDragon09
BD.org Addict

Postby SHBailey » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:33 pm

Hiya...

So I've been depressed for the last week or so. :( Not dangerous (no thoughts of suicide or anything like that), just moderately miserable and almost completely useless -- can't make myself do anything. Puff didn't even get his good morning cuddle a couple of days in a row, but at least he crawled out from under his towel on his own and did a little basking before napping in his hide. "Daddy" takes care of him with no help from me when I get like that. At least I'm feeling a little better today. Hopefully it will be a good weekend and my poor husband won't get stuck with all the work tomorrow.

Broly and Puff both like squash, but I've noticed that too much of it makes for sloppy orange poops.

It's finally "warmed up" to around freezing here, or at least it feels warm after temperatures below zero. Not much snow lately, but they're expecting a few flurries in the next few days. If it goes above freezing we'll have a sloppy mess all over the place, but I will only complain about the hazardous road conditions, not the warmer temperatures. :mrgreen:

My grandfather spoke German, and English with a German accent. I never learned any from him. I was only about 8 years old when he died. Meanwhile I took Spanish in high school, but never got fluent in it. I've played around with Scottish Gaelic a little bit in the last couple of years -- I was mainly curious about whether there was any rhyme or reason to the spelling. It turns out that there it, but it's complicated. Our library has a program called "Mango" that teaches language, and does a pretty good job of it. You have to sign on and set up a password and all, but otherwise it's free.

Have fun with German. It's more closely related to English, and I've wondered if I would do well with it since it's in my DNA, and I grew up listening to my grandfather's English with occasional German words sprinkled in. I've never seriously tried to learn it though.

I hope you have a nice weekend... :)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby BlueDragon09 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 am

Hey,

It was actually warm for February. I don't dare go outside as it was still a but chilly. Tomorrow might be the same.

In Germany, there's a storm still blowing named Sabine. He's safe and had some wind throughout but nothing worrying. He was still able to get online. He honestly doesn't mind dedicating time to teach me. He's mentally unwell right now nothing worrying he just has those days he's just not into anything but texting. He says worrying stuff sometimes but he always comes out of it ok. I understand the mental health spiraling down I get those too. We're both ok though we're both mentally unwell at the moment. Brain on auto pilot and I do what I have to.

Broly's eating more and more but he might be back in a rut because rain is coming back real soon. He's dropping weight still but wouldn't know it unless you sit him on the scale.

Im waiting for my friend to wake up (might be late who knows) I already have a crappy sleep schedule no matter how late my body says 10am get up. I wanna make sure he's ok but still not ok in the head if that at all makes sense.

Soo I found out the company for my Jurassic Park Builder app game is getting shut down March 30. They don't want to support it anymore. They have other games but you have to pay now. I went for a dragon game that's just like it. You're building a park for dragons and you get NPC people stopping by to see all your dragons. NPC is non playable characters. I have 7 at the moment. I have dragons breeding and sometimes it's up to 18 hours! I can wait since it costs to speed up. I have an egg that's ready to hatch in four hours it started off at 18 hours. Yeah that sucks had the Jurassic Park game since my iPhone 5c and passed it to my iPhone 6 Plus and now I had to remove it from my iPhone 8 Plus because no point. It's gone soon. Oh well all good things come to an end huh?

Im going off now and will check Broly's weight tomorrow.
BlueDragon09
BD.org Addict

Postby SHBailey » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:25 am

Hi...

You and me and your friend in Germany all with the mental illness. You're lucky that you can do what you have to do with your brain on auto pilot. When I get depressed all I can do is lay around in bed or play stupid card games with the computer -- local stuff with no online interaction with others -- gets pretty boring. The housework doesn't get done when I can't do it unless my husband has time, but critter care comes first.

Puff's weight was up above 520 grams the last time we weighed him, so he's doing pretty well, although my husband reminds me that this was a "before poop" weight. It's still good though. It sounds like Broly is doing just fine.

Being "ok but not ok in the head" makes perfect sense to me. They ask if I'm having any thoughts of suicide when I'm depressed and I truthfully tell them no. I'm not dangerous when I'm depressed, just moderately miserable and almost completely useless, so they can just please leave me alone until I feel better. Being bipolar is almost like being two different people.

And my husband has a new euphemism:
"It's a big vacuum cleaner."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well, think about it. What does a vacuum cleaner do?"
-- It sucks. Silly me that he had to explain that one. :lol:

That Jurassic Park game sounds like fun. Too bad they're shutting it down, but perhaps they will come up with something better to replace it? Jurassic Park 2.0 maybe? :?

Cold here today but temperatures not as extreme as they were a few weeks ago. We got some snow, and oddly enough it usually "warms up" when it snows, like from 0 to mid 20s. We're also gaining over 5 minutes of daylight every day and it's really becoming noticeable. I'm looking forward to spring but not to summer because I'm hoping those insane heat waves don't become the new normal.

I hope you have a nice weekend... :)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby BlueDragon09 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:45 am

Hey,

Broly gained 2g so 577g is better. It's before a stool.

My anxiety makes me clean up and sometimes when it's all done nothing still to do. Mental health just sits in the back of my mind. Anxiety really sucks but hey it makes me clean up so depression isn't gonna keep me down. I can't if I wanted to, I get squirmy waiting around when Im anxious. I have to do something to ease it away.

None of the new Jurassic Park games are free only free to download but pay to play so I've given up. I'll buy Jurassic World Evolution for xbox.

I have a few bipolar friends and I understand when they get upset. My german friend just has mood swings and depression no bipolar. Im waiting for him to get up. Im hoping soon because him being ill he may sleep at midnight which is 3pm my time and we're seeing Sonic today. We won't be able to call today and wanna make sure he's ok with it. I feel better if he knows.

My parents never understand to leave me alone when upset or depressed. We were a "talk to your teen" family. Im used to interacting online. I have to for my friends they distract me sometimes.

Glad for Puff.

Im glad someone understands the ok but not in the head. I have to go. Anxiety kicking up so Im done typing.
BlueDragon09
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales