Still not eating after Albon treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Oscar was “LOADED” with coccidia and we treated him for 5 days with Albon and Panacur for nemitoids. He completely stopped eating the day we started meds. We finished them two weeks ago. A couple of days after finishing the meds I started syringe feeding with carnivore care, soy yogurt, baby food chicken, and either green beans or squash with calcium and weekly the herptivite. I’ve been soaking him regularly. He looks well and has maintained his weight. He hides in his cave a lot but will bask for a while after feeding then go lay down in his cave. I offer crickets and dubias that he shows 0 interest in. He has eaten 4-5 meal worms in the past 2 weeks. He currently is sharing his home with a hornworm he pays no mind to.

How long does it take for them to get their appetite back?

He weighs 67 grams and I try to get 1 ml in home 3x a day

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
- Make sure hes hydrated either by bathing giving water by syringe or dropping water on his nose -- however he will drink - it sounds like your doing a good job feeding him - I am assuming he has a tube UVB and basking temps are 105-110 for a baby and your taking those w/ a digital heat probe or infrared heat gun?
Karrie

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
It’s funny, I’m starting to think he might be older than I thought and stunted in growth because he avoids basking areas over 100 or so degrees, but maybe that’s because he’s still sick and or stressed.? I don’t know. But he gets stress marks while basking and then hides in cave.

Also, he has chirped. I searched online and found other people describing this. They were assured by more experienced people that they did not chirp, but mine did.
The first time my daughter and I were syringe feeding him against his will and the second time was I b a bath after a long drink.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Give him a gradient heat- if you have a piece of decor that he can sit different places for different temps- rocks do not provide that---- and chirping does not sound normal--
Karrie

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
He’s got a reptisun high output uvb 10.0 My life for the past 3 months has been research . Money isn’t the problem, I live in a rural area so everything needs to be ordered and shipped. And I’m a newbie, so I learn everything after the fact. I didn’t know Albon was so brutal, the vet didn’t warn me or tell me what to expect.

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
He’s definitely got a gradient, he avoids his basking spots and I have probe thermometers on both, he usually can be fond on the floor against the back wall right between the hot sid and the cool side

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok UVB what bulb is it and where in tank? On top or inside is it a coil or tube? And is it the whole length of tank?
Karrie

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
It’s a reptisun T5 high output and its inside a little more than half the length of his tank on the hot side.
I have been soaking him daily.
He bit my daughter this morning while syringe feeding. Hard and deliberately. He’s become more and more resistant/combative with the syringe feedings which have been going on for 2 weeks, so, going to stop and let him get hungry and hope he eats. He did eat a cricket today. It was very exciting!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And the distance that T 5 is at? It should be 12-15 inches from basking spot- biting is not good -- was it an accident or did he deliberately bite her? Never mind ---- I read that --- well leave him be for a few days see if he will eat again --- are you offering salads and the crickets I see --- what else any worms?
Karrie

OscarLuvBug

Original Poster
XIMG]

This is from a week or so ago, I have rearranged a little so he has more direct UVB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Pic did not post --- you need to use the user image uploader again then click on the XIMG at top of message box and click on the pic it should post
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the tank looks the same -- you need to get a piece of decor under that UVB directly under it and have it 12-15 inches away from that decor piece -- I would get a log of some sort like this to place under the basking light bulb https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290971 it offers a gradient heat and then I would move that log you have him shown on and place under that UVB --- he needs to be able to sit directly under it -- here is a pic of my tank I have the same tank
97951-7863920475.jpg
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It sounds like the med has effected his appetite- I would feed small amounts of food and try to build his appetite back up in the mean time you need to keep a weight on him - weigh him now see what he does over the week w/ the food and then weigh him again and see if hes gaining or losing - you can use a kitchen scale and weigh in grams --- kitchen scales can be found at Walmart
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom