Beardie with eye problems (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
So our Petsmart doesn't have the stuff in stock, so I'm thinking about ordering it on Amazon? It would all be here be Tuesday, so I think that's good? I'm getting a 150 watt heating bulb and the zoomed reptisun 10.0 T5 at 24 Watts

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure dome is capable of 150 watt-- can you get him outside for UVB-?
Karrie-- he needs uvb++ did you get digital probes?
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
Yes got the digital probes but it's cold where I am so I'm not sure it would do anything? And I feel like I should mention he's next to a window that the sun comes through

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Window is gonna keep tank cold- I would move him if possible or put up a blanket to cover the window to keep cold off if him
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
MAYBE PROBLEM??? Um, so I went out to get him more food because he's hungry today and we just ran out, and when I got back he ate some dry food but he also was making a kind of noise when the bottom of his throat would puff up? And I see a little spit on his lip which I'm told is a bad sign. I have a video but I'm not sure how to put it on here?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am sorry I could not hear the sound - is he wheezing coughing moisture coming out of the nose or mouth or was it just a burp? What is going on w/ the lighting --- ?
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
Yeah sorry I way kind of panicking at the time of the video. Okay, upon further look, he's not making the noise anymore that I would describe as like when you squeeze one of those yellow chicken toys but low pitched? Weird analogy. And he had some spit on his lips but now its gone. Before I looked over him for a second time, he was making the noise every time he swallowed his food. But now its gone

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well dry food is a terrible diet -- he needs fresh greens every morning --- a salad we call it -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html- it will tell you what to feed how often to feed and what not to feed -- this dragon is in very poor health --- please get the things to start getting him in better health
Karrie

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
He usually eats live worms and kale but my mom's out of town so I had to make do. She's back tonight. The lighting's coming in this week and we're getting everything worked out. He usually eats lots of greens and worms though, so he'll be back on that diet tomorrow. Also the link is not working for me?

Gooseandfish

Original Poster
Okay so the lighting came in and I just set it up!
107193-7841714546.jpg
107193-6174337403.jpg
Also I have a quick question? We try to feed him a variety but he doesn't like to eat the greens, like he sees them and doesn't open his mouth at all. Also we're probably gonna set up a vet appointment because sometimes he just doesn't open his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom