thick saliva? dehydration or something else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI yall my beardie has a bit of thick saliva in the corners of her mouth that I can see when she gapes. i have read a couple places that this could be dehydration or possible an Respiratory infection. She is trying to go back into brumation but had to be woken up from burmation for pinworm infection. I do know she is slightly dehydrated as her urates have been hard and a bit brownish. Shes not eating much as she is trying to go back to sleep so i have given her water by syringe and some flukers repta-boost to try to boost her appetite. i was just wondering if its just dehydration or possibly something worse. she doesn't have any clicking or rumbling when she breathes her her breating appears normal.

Enclosure details: 40 gallon breeder, currently on news paper substrate due to parasites, 100w basking bulb, t8 24 inch reptisun mounted inside, and 100w che and a nano che to keeps temps up. basking spot at 100F- 110F, floor temps between 80 on the cool side and 90f on the hot side.

she gets fed mostly arugula and collards as they are the only thing available in my area and carrots, peppers, raspberry. bugs include crickets, dubias, calci worms, and supers as treats.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok--- poop does not sound normal -- what is distance for UVB to basking spot? See if you can get her hydrated and see if poop looks better- but we need to see her mouth- no discharge from nose?
Karrie

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
She has pinworms again so I'm thinking that's what it's from. I'm unable to add a picture at the time but her poop is better looking with hydrating. And she is being treated with meds from the vet. Sorry this reply took so long but I don't usually have internet where I live. She has no discharge from the nose or anything and the thick saliva has lessened with hydrating as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are you feeding her? Insects? If your giving her crickets I recommend you order some dubia roaches and get her off the crickets -- they can be ordered from different places but I get them from here and they are good www.dubiaroaches.com --- her basking temps should be 95-110 and a gradient of temps would be great - also the UVB needs to be a TUBE fixture - Reptisun a T 5 or a T 8 - tell us what your using please
Karrie

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
Enclosure details: 40 gallon breeder, currently on news paper substrate due to parasites, 100w basking bulb, t8 24 inch reptisun mounted inside, and 100w che and a nano che to keeps temps up. basking spot at 100F- 110F, floor temps between 80 on the cool side and 90f on the hot side.
We recently moved so we were getting out bugs from a new place but are going to start ordering from the site you mentioned.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so her set up sounds great ---- w/ all that I am trying to figure out how she keeps getting the pinworms -- diet and proper lighting will keep them away -- I would switch her over to the dubias - crickets tend to give parasites --- dubias are way easier to keep anyway -- they last a long time - you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium feed them dubia food - carrots for hydration --- squash-- pretty much anything I have tried feeding them greens and they dont care for the greens - her poop should be formed moist and dark the urate formed moist and white -- when serving her salad rinse it before you serve it - that will give her moisture as well as the gut loaded bugs - thats why I use carrots they have a lot of water in them --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do not --- Tracie the vet moderator would be able to answer that question - you can PM her - her user name is Drache613
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom