baby not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zismomma

I got my baby dragon about 2 weeks ago i would estimate hes about 7-8 weeks old he is very friendly an basiclly begs to come and spend time with us he only eat if we hand feed him bugs and hes very picky he only eats about 5 bugs a day and some veggies again only if we hand feed we try multiple times a day as well im just not sure if im doing something wrong or is his belly just full? im just a concerned mom :(

Zismomma

Original Poster
i can try to post a picture shortly im at work right now ive had someone else look at his tank and they thought his lights were good but ill still try to get a picture!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes a pic will tell us more -- if you have a UVB that is a coil that is not good -- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer or a / infrared heat gun and they should be 105-110- NO stickons - they are inaccurate
Karrie

Zismomma

Original Poster
yes i will try to get that im at work right now no coil lights!!!!!! hot side is 110 and cool side is 85-90

Zismomma

Original Poster
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is a T 5? If it is the screen on top is a fine mesh or wide holed? If the bulb is a T 5 it looks too close to that hide --- T 5's are a strong bulb and you would want a basking distance of 12-15 inches from it inside the tank -- if its a T 8 bulb it would need to be 8-10 inches inside the tank What is the distance from the tree / hide basking spot from UVB? And basking temps are you only using the stick ons? You need a digital probe thermometer to get actual basking temps - those stickons are only telling you ambient temps -- please get a accurate temp of where he sits to bask -- it needs to be 105-110- not sure if you will get one w/ that hammock - if you move the hammock and place that big log you have laying downward instead of having it stand straight up you might get a better heat gradient under the basking light -- but you need a probe to get temps - those are a must --- hes gonna go thru relocation stress so his appetite is gonna slow down -- we need to get that lighting in order and basking temps fixed first --- you can get the probes from Petsmart or Petco for around $5 and I also recommend a infrared heat gun - those can be bought at you local home improvement store for around $10-12 --- believe me you will use it --- what are in the domes ?
Karrie

Zismomma

Original Poster
He usually doesnt go to the top i will try laying it down the stick ons are just in there i dont use them for accurate temps yes that is a t-5 i will try this stuff thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom