Poop I’ve Never Seen Before

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our 1 year old dragon’s last 2 poops have been strange looking. She has had and been treated for parasites before, so I know what THAT poop looks like along with the god-awful smell. The last 2 poops have looked normal in shape, but in between the poop and the urate was lots of tiny, yellowish grains. She eats Dubia roaches and will get butter worms as a treat. She will not eat veggies/greens. We lightly dust her bugs with calcium and vitamins. We also give her a liquid calcium and probiotics. I keep trying to google what the bumps could be and can’t find an answer. I have a photo of the poop, if anyone wants to see it... ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
please post poop
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic
Please offer her a salad every day - see if you can hand feed her - I know my oldest one wont eat them either - I have tried everything I can to even get him to eat from my hand - I still put a bowl of greens in the tank every morning and a bowl w/ prickly pear cactus leaf cut up along w/ some red pepper and squash w/ worms in the bowl --like meal worms and silk worms - to try and get him to eat them - my little one hes 7 months old will eat vegies but I went a different route w/ him from when I first brought him home and he eats them -
Karrie

MelRun2129

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3562vdnj said:
please post poop
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic
Please offer her a salad every day - see if you can hand feed her - I know my oldest one wont eat them either - I have tried everything I can to even get him to eat from my hand - I still put a bowl of greens in the tank every morning and a bowl w/ prickly pear cactus leaf cut up along w/ some red pepper and squash w/ worms in the bowl --like meal worms and silk worms - to try and get him to eat them - my little one hes 7 months old will eat vegies but I went a different route w/ him from when I first brought him home and he eats them -
Karrie

I offer her greens every day. Sometimes we can sneak a few bites in while she goes for a bug. I’ve put worms in her salad. She is able to dodge any piece of salad to get the worm. I’ve tried tons of different combos of greens and veggies. I’ve sprinkled bee pollen on top. I’ve withheld bugs for weeks and she still won’t touch her salad! It’s so frustrating! Ok, here comes the pic...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes it does-- someone else is gonna haft to weigh in on this-- I don't know if the probiotics would cause that---- let's see who responds to this
Karrie

MelRun2129

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1gzqprun said:
Yes it does-- someone else is gonna haft to weigh in on this-- I don't know if the probiotics would cause that---- let's see who responds to this
Karrie

Ok, thanks! She's had the probiotics given to her for at least 6 months now. The liquid calcium is newer, maybe every few days for the last 3 months. Other than that, her diet hasn't changed at all. She also has shelf liner for substrate, so it's not sand. Maybe too many butter worms??? I'm at a loss. Just praying it's nothing serious!

Deeth

To me, it looks almost crystalline... could it be too much calcium? I saw you mentioned you both dust, and the liquid calcium. From memory of what I've read, too much and you get yellowish orange in the urate.

MelRun2129

Original Poster
Deeth":2pj216s2 said:
To me, it looks almost crystalline... could it be too much calcium? I saw you mentioned you both dust, and the liquid calcium. From memory of what I've read, too much and you get yellowish orange in the urate.

Thank you for your input! I started doing the liquid because she wasn’t eating bugs everyday when I was trying to get her to give in and eat her greens. I will back off on the calcium. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom