Brumation or sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so here is a website to find a vet
www.arav.org -- when you find one call them ask if you can drop a fecal off for them to test for parasites-- do not let them do an enema on him if you take him in - if you haft to wait to get a stool sample from him wait- no enemas they are too hard on them - it sounds like parasites-- improper lighting (the UVB) and crickets will cause them - if he has them they will put him on meds to get rid of them -
Karrie

BeakerARand19

Original Poster
KarrieRee":28q64usj said:
http://www.arav.org -- when you find one call them ask if you can drop a fecal off for them to test for parasites-- do not let them do an enema on him if you take him in - if you haft to wait to get a stool sample from him wait- no enemas they are too hard on them - it sounds like parasites-- improper lighting (the UVB) and crickets will cause them - if he has them they will put him on meds to get rid of them -
Karrie

Sounds good!

BeakerARand19

Original Poster
BeakerARand19":33dxclvo said:
KarrieRee":33dxclvo said:
http://www.arav.org -- when you find one call them ask if you can drop a fecal off for them to test for parasites-- do not let them do an enema on him if you take him in - if you haft to wait to get a stool sample from him wait- no enemas they are too hard on them - it sounds like parasites-- improper lighting (the UVB) and crickets will cause them - if he has them they will put him on meds to get rid of them -
Karrie

Ok so he has an appointment scheduled for this Thursday how should I go about transporting him it will be around -1 as a high. And how long is a fecal sample good for? Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get your car good and warm-- he"ll be fine in the car-- do you have a small petcarrier? If not you need to put him in your shirt or inside coat - if you have a carrier you can get some hand warmers from Walmart but make sure if you use them they are wrapped in a towel or small blanket type because they get hot- you can put them in the carrier- that will keep carrier warm -
Just make sure the hand warmers are wrapped in something- they last for 6 hrs or so-- put your stool sample in Ziploc and then fridge
Karrie

BeakerARand19

Original Poster
DragonPete":k7zgdx33 said:
Be sure to let us know how he's doing. Sending healing vibes to your boy. ?
-Dee

Thank you, He is very well now I have took him to the vet he is in good health and running around eating like normal again.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
BeakerARand19":1liymbry said:
DragonPete":1liymbry said:
-Dee

Thank you, He is very well now I have took him to the vet he is in good health and running around eating like normal again.
Did you find out what it was causing the issues? Might be helpful for others that could have a problem too.
So glad he's back to his happy and healthy self! ?
-Dee

BeakerARand19

Original Poster
DragonPete":1bwif0xi said:
BeakerARand19":1bwif0xi said:
DragonPete":1bwif0xi said:
-Dee

Did you find out what it was causing the issues? Might be helpful for others that could have a problem too.
So glad he's back to his happy and healthy self! ?
-Dee

yeah, it was the UVB, he wasn't getting enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom