Help with hatchling stuck in egg‼️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I really need help with one of the hatchlings I have coming out of its egg. Our female laid her eggs on November 12th. Most of them hatched on day 65. But, we still had about 5 eggs that hadn’t hatched yet. From reading other posts I left them in the incubator since they still looked like good eggs. Two of them started hatching last night and were both out of the egg this morning (or so I thought). The one hatchling is totally fine and looks very healthy (just big). But, the other one is not in the best shape. I went to move it’s eggshell away from it and noticed that it moved with the shell! I looked at it closer and it looks like either the yolk sac or the insides of the little one are still in the egg stuck! I don’t know what to do. The temp has been a steady 84° through the whole time. I really don’t know what to do. Please help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know that AHBD will be on eventually & see your thread.
She has bred dragons before so has lots of experience. You could try placing the
hatchie on some moist/damp paper towel to see if that helps out. Is it drying out or
still moist?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yes like Tracie said just set baby in a nice warm bin with some damp paper towels and see how it does. Sometimes it's best to have a weaker baby in it's own container. The sac will partially absorb but large piece may fall off after a few days. Hope he/she does O.K. for you. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks AHBD! I forgot to PM you so you would see the thread. :D Thanks for weighing
in for her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom