Jumped on heat lamp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few weeks after I got my boy, Bee, I was sitting on my bed, next to his Viv where I heard I'm jump! I looked and some how he had jumped on it heat lamp (very high up and has a smooth rounded protector) I took him off right away and it all happend in about 10 secs I was so shocked. I gave him a health check, everything was okay but I couldn't be live it! Somehow he'd managed to jump onto it and sit there for a few secs, it's smooth and there's nothing to grip on! Not only that but it's quite hard to get up to it because I've made sure there's no way for him to get there!
I know they are good jumpers but that doesn't explain how he jumped and gripped on it!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ouch! hopefully the dome wasn't too hot. They are surprisingly good climbers and tend to want to jump out at things. Just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't jump again and hurt himself. They'll often do a little crouch/wiggle when they're getting ready to make a jump or otherwise get into trouble :lol:

KhasaSavannah

Original Poster
CooperDragon":11kqa9w1 said:
Ouch! hopefully the dome wasn't too hot. They are surprisingly good climbers and tend to want to jump out at things. Just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't jump again and hurt himself. They'll often do a little crouch/wiggle when they're getting ready to make a jump or otherwise get into trouble :lol:
Hahaha yes, I have noticed the little wiggle before he jumps ? And keeping an eye on him is all I do, I just sit and watch him for hours or while I'm doing work although he mainly just sits and looks arround ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom