Beard color change

Status
Not open for further replies.

aronoiiel

A queation if I may. Each shed her coloration on her beard enchances. But that black becomea more pronounced. Is that normal? She is super calm and seems content moat days.
60731-1486305222.jpg

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Looks like normal coloring to me. Ours was the same way getting older, mine has the same darker spots under his beard. He actually turned his whole beard black for the first time today because he wanted out of his tank lol.
105680-1323466362.jpg

aronoiiel

Original Poster
Lol let me out or else! Thats awesome. She hasnt black bearded me yet but im waiting for that day. She is quiet and calm for a young one. Thanks alot I appreciate the response.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Lol right. Mine has always been that way too. Very calm. Never had a problem with handling even when he was a baby. Now his hormones are running rampant and he loves to tear apart his tank and throw his greens everywhere. It really is like a toddler throwing a tantrum lol.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Yep, nothing to worry about. My little one, Helmut, has quite pronounced black and orange under his beard.
100140-3596769511.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

His colors look terrific! A lot of dragons develop the various colors on their beard areas, from a
bright yellow, to an orange, etc. It's completely normal. :D

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Almost all dragons have some color in their beards, some more than others.

My first dragon Cisco had bright red as her beard color. View media item 61045 which from what I've known, is a pretty rare color for beardies as I haven't seen nany other dragon with her colors since.

View media item 60599 Phoenix has Bright yellow and orange in her beard. And at first she had just a white colored beard. View media item 60947
View media item 60983 Daisy despite being almost all gray and white on her body has a pretty bright salmon colored beard.

Loki has just a plain light yellow with some hints of orange in his beard. Mulder has orange, and Rocket still to this day has a all white beard. I don't have good pictures of their three's beards yet. Oh and Thor, my second ever Beardie had a light yellowish gray beard.

Maybe female beardies just have brighter beards than males? That's interesting.

aronoiiel

Original Poster
Thank you all for the wonderful replies! She is shedding again ( I swear once a week lol) will be neat to see how it changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom