Red mark near ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello was hoping you guys could maybe take a look at Leonard's pics below. He is an active lizard and seems healthy by all accounts. He's loved very much and eats collards, supers and Horn worms. I keep him on tile with 95-100 degree basking spots and 80ish on the cool side... Reptisun t5 bulb fixed inside home. Change that every 6 months. He's my second beardie and learned a lot on here about husbandry over the years.

I noticed this red mark on his head a few months back and assumed it was a beauty mark...and today with his tropical colors it seemed more pronounced. Any idea ? He is 3 years old 4 months.
107143-3881039899.jpg
107143-5343242139.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That doesn't really look too concerning, although I don't know what it could be.

I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure it is not growing.

Leonard looks great :)

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Have you tried seeing if the spot wipes away with a damp paper towel? Maybe it is the scale, if this was my girl I'd double check if it simply comes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom