Vegetarian Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al6911

Dovah has been super happy for the past two and a half months! He's a super sweet boy, thanks to hydrotherapy. I've been having to force-feed water every once in a while, no big deal. My question is this- he's nearly an adult (1 year, 5 months). However, whenever I offer him any dubias (the feeder he was on with his breeder), he will eat one or two and turn his nose up. In total- im lucky if he eats 4-5 a week. He's very good about eating his veggies, though. I've also tried offering Grub Pie, which he licked and left alone. Am I okay continuing his current diet, or is this an issue that must be solved?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

5 dubias (assuming they are adult males or larges) is a decent amount of protein anyways for an adult.

He should definitely be eating some fat and protein from feeder insects, but his diet consisting mainly of salads is perfectly fine :)

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd be offering some high quality live insects each day , dusted if they are crickets , roaches or hoppers.

Need not be a huge offering of live insects each day, but they are needed to provide lipids and amino acids and vitamins and good quality protein that is not going to found in vegetables.

I think this is best guide , based on REAL SCIENCE , to follow regards an adult bearded dragon's diet and feeding and supp schedule : https://www.completecritter.com/bearded-dragon.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom