My baby bearded dragons mouth is bleeding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont know what to exactly look for maybe Tracie can see --- if she recommends a vet visit I posted a link to find a vet for you ---
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, from the description more so than the pictures it sounds 99% like mouth rot. Poor little guy will need to see only an experienced reptile vet. Do start with the honey in the mean time ASAP. You can also get a product called maxi guard to order online.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that looks like some mouth issues. How long has it looked like this?
I do think it might be a good idea to see if you can get him into a vet for analysis. Did you
get some raw unpasteurized honey to start treating his gums? You can use a swab or your
finger to apply it & rub it on the gums.
How is he doing this evening?

Tracie

Strawberrysophia

Original Poster
Drache613":3jau28kc said:
Hello,

Oh that looks like some mouth issues. How long has it looked like this?
I do think it might be a good idea to see if you can get him into a vet for analysis. Did you
get some raw unpasteurized honey to start treating his gums? You can use a swab or your
finger to apply it & rub it on the gums.
How is he doing this evening?

Tracie
I had the oral gel delivered today,, not sure how I should use it,, will it be safe for him? It’s meant for dogs and cats,, and as far as I know his mouth has looked like this for about 2 weeks it’s only,, that’s when I first notice it bleed. I’m trying my best to try and go to the vet soon! And I also have the honey as well.. and will start that treatment ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom