Hello and thank you from Rajah and I

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-2898704703.jpg

Rajah "basking" so lazy...then fell asleep like that. Rajah continues to be on a diet of mostly dubias and various veggies but still really doesn't eat any veggies. His stomach doesn't drag on the ground at least. He's just kind of a sizeable beardie. He's puffing his beard here.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-867821286.jpg

Rajah today! Happy Christmas Eve! Still can't be bothered to eat any salad or fruit. He'd literally rather starve. I have even put superworms on salad but he'll just pick them out. I have tried to not feed him any insects for a day but he still wouldn't touch it. And I have tried every kind of green and fruit and berry that they can eat pretty much. ?. He's a little over six months.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-4966168166.jpg
Pancake cuteness....I know he's still kind of chubby but we're working on it. He's so cute. He slept on his rock last night ?. Little dangling leg cuteness.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
I'm not sure but I think Rajah might be semi brumating. He's staying in his hide mostly. He still eats normally and is going to the bathroom every couple of days which is normal for him when he's eating superworms and it's been normal stool. He's just not very active and sleeping a lot. Temps are all the same.
100-105 on the rock. He usually basks a little after eating but will go back in hide and go night night. Or also do bearded dragons just become more sedentary as they get older?

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Rajah has definitely been brumating and I'm glad I read the article on this site as well as a few of the threads because I mean there were days I thought he might be dead he was so inactive and sleeping all day and night. I would poke him until he woke up and would give me filthy looks. Lol!He would go days without eating lately which is highly unusual for him as eating is his life. Anyways I got home from work today and this huge thing was waiting for me all wide awake and like tripple the size.......I haven't even hardly seen him lately because he's been in his hide. He ate quite a few silkworms. I had left a tiny mealworm on his cave opening to try and entice him out a couple days ago but he just wouldn't eat anything. Also despite not eating much...he's still massive...I mean really seriously...he looks like a monitor or a radioactive orange iguana...photo from tonight... he's obviously pancaking here...so he's at his roundest

105973-779986983.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
He's all active and climbing in his hammock!! Those suction cups have never been tested like this before ?. I'm glad to have my friend back even if it's just for a little while before he goes night night again.
105973-6109382678.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Then and now....baby Rajah ?. Rajah still brumating...but came out yesterday to eat after a few days of sleeping. I can't get over how big he is. Baby photo and photo from yesterday!

105973-6860715640.jpg
105973-5648523131.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-8305409513.jpg

Bath time is such a struggle.... The one thing other than vegetables that Rajah hates is water. He was so asleep today I thought he was dead again....... And it scared me ? but no. Just asleep lol. Then I dragged him out and forced him into his bath. Now he's back on the rock and angry.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom