You get a tank! And You get a tank! EVERYBODY GETS A TANK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Alright so for the past few days ever since I bought another 4x2x2 tank That was intended for Rocket I have been working my butt off with setting up his new tank. But He was not the only one getting a new tank, No no no, my dear reader. With the coming of a new enclosure, almost EVERYBODY gets a tank upgrade.

Basically, Rocket gets an upgrade from a 40 gallon breeder to a 120 gallon tank. Then Mulder is next in line, Getting a upgrade from a 20 gallon long tank, To Rocket's old tank. But then, My little leopard gecko Sebastian also gets a tank upgrade. From a small 10 gallon tank that was pretty simple and small to Mulder's old 20 gallon.

So I've kinda been playing a three day long exhausting game of Musical tanks.

Now here's The photos of everyone's new tanks (and some of the others got setup redesigns) Enjoy!

First up we have Rocket's lovely new tank that he has just loved. He's been running around it, climbing all over his large branch, and just exploring everywhere. His large branch is actually his favorite thing in the tank lol. I actually really really love the way His tank turned out, I think it looks great, I'm just having so much fun staring at his tank all day lol
View media item 60803View media item 60991View media item 60989
Next is Mulder. He also really seems to love his new tank as well, He's been happily exploring it all day and has not done any glass surfing ever since I put him in it. In his 20 gal he would glass surf all day long and always have a BB but now he's chill and has a nice happy beard color. :D
View media item 60478View media item 61124View media item 60780View media item 60609
Then Sebastian. Honestly I think his new tank design is my favorite out of them all. He's been exploring his tank all day long and really seems to like it. But dang I just love how it all looks! :D
View media item 60399View media item 60782View media item 60933
Now for the ones who got a tank redesign.

Yesterday I went out to pick up Cork rounds and driftwood for DIRT CHEAP from this lady. It was a bit of a drive but so worth it. The stuff was much larger than I thought it was as well. And the lady who was selling them was so nice! She had a couple reptiles of her own and she actually took really good care of them and gave them the proper setups and knew her stuff. Which was really refreshing to see.

And her cats were just the sweetest too. But she had a Beardie who had a nice setup (proper lighting, Tile floor, clean setup) and he looked like a really healthy dragon. But what was more interesting was her 3 Rock agamas. They were so cool! I haven't seen many in person but they looked so neat. She also had a beautiful full grown (with tail still attached) Dalmatian male crested Gecko that was also from Gecko junkie. And a leopard gecko as well, and a really neat tiny Gecko that I forgot its name but it was really small and was pure black all over. Really neat.

So after we chatted a bit about reptiles and everything I went back home and decided to give two pieces of the wood to Loki and one to Daisy. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo of Daisy's tank a snake I'm still trying to decide how I want to redecorate hers. But here's Loki's new setup and he LOVES it. He's been happily laying around on his new log all day long. Again no more Glass surfing from him which is AMAZING seeing as for the longest time he would Always be glass surfing and trying to get out. :blob5:
View media item 60552View media item 60556
And Phoenix got Rocket's old Hide, I didn't change much else about her setup though as I already had redesigned it last week and she really likes it.

So that's how my week has been. And I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade anyone else's tanks for a long time. Some redesigning might happen however. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow all the tanks really do look great! Mulder definitely looks like he will enjoy the larger space :D

You did a great job decorating them all too! That's where I'm falling behind greatly with mine LOL

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Thank you, I try my best to think how it'll look good but also be best for the dragon. Pinterest helps too lol.

And yep, Mulder is really enjoying it. He's got a vet appointment tomorrow though because he's not been eating or pooping much. He ate some yellow squash and supers this morning but he still refuses greens.

I can be then judge of that, your tanks always looked pretty cool from the photos I've seen. :)

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Great job on those tanks! You have quite the zoo happening there! ?
Can't wait to get an enclosure with doors on the front! In the mean time, gonna try to find a low piece of sturdy furniture for Petey's tank to make it easier to get in to.
-Dee

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
DragonPete":2smn9p2v said:
Great job on those tanks! You have quite the zoo happening there! ?
Can't wait to get an enclosure with doors on the front! In the mean time, gonna try to find a low piece of sturdy furniture for Petey's tank to make it easier to get in to.
-Dee
Thank you lol, And yeah, My family calls my room the zoo now. :lol:

I'd love to get a front opening enclosure someday, they're the best but dang they're expensive.

Lol I actually have to get a step stool to get into Rocket's tank now. I'm 5'3" and the tank goes up to my face. The struggles of being short :roll:
Gormagon":2smn9p2v said:
OH MY!!!!

You have been busy, thats a lot of work.

They look GREAT!!!
Yes, yes I have lol.

It was a lot of work (and a lot of splinters bringing that dresser and tank up the stairs.) But it was definitely worth it, Thanks. :)

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Love, love, LOVE the new setups - half the fun of having a reptile is being able to do such wonderful arrangements inside their tanks. Better than dollhouses when we were little! I love Sebastian's little face peeking up out of his hide, and the dragons look like they're really enjoying their new living spaces. Great work!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thank you!! It's always fun decorating their tanks and watching them enjoy it, it's great! far better than dollhouses.

Lol yeah, Sebastian does that a lot, but now his favorite spot is his Little Rock slab that I put over his heat pad (don't worry, it's regulated and the stone which is NOT a heat rock doesn't get too hot at all. It merely retains more heat but it's safe) he's actually out on it right now as I type this. He's also starting to shed as well, he's growing so fast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom