Might have ate some succulent, will he be ok?!?!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Might have ate some succulent, will he be ok?!?!

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:49 am

A few days ago I got some succulent plants (the kind with the big waxy looking round leaves) and put it in Mulder's tank as a nice decoration, But blocked it off so he couldn't get to it.

Well, I just came upstairs and saw him sitting right next to the plant, and on one of the leaves there was like a sorta clean cut leaf, which half of it was missing.

And I'm wondering, Did Mulder eat it??? And if so will he be okay? Should I give him some activated charcoal? Are they toxic?

There wasn't any pesticides on it as I got it from a all natural store.

He has a vet appointment later today already, Should I point that out to them or get them to see if that'll effect him? [Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
(see bottom right corner).
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Might have ate some succulent, will he be ok?!?!

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 am

I don’t think that would cause a problem. Double check with the vet since you’re going there anyway but I wouldn’t worry about it much.
CooperDragon

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 am

Alright, good. I'll be sure to do that, thanks! :)
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby DorgEndo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:16 pm

That looks like Echeveria 'Perle Von Nürnberg' which is generally considered non-toxic. That is based on cat/dog pets I couldn't find anything for bearded dragons. Ask your vet to be sure
1 dragon Devlyn, 1 tree frog Charlie, 1 cat Greysie, & lots of plants
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health