10 month old growth slowed/stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

I got my boy when he was 4 months old. He grew and grew. About a month and a half ago, he measured in at around 15.5 inches. He is still 15.5 inches. He used to shed constantly due to constant growth, but hasn't shed in over a month. He is very active, eats well, healthy poops regularly, and generally seems very healthy. He even started head bobbing about a week ago.

Should I be concerned that he doesn't seem to be growing as quickly anymore or is this normal? Is he likely to continue to grow?

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
From what I know they go through growth spurts just like we do. Kai grew like crazy from the time I got him till about 6 months when he reached 18’ and 340 grams. He still growing, now 19’ and 400 grams, although he has slowed down considerably both in eating and growth. As long as yours isn’t losing weight or have any symptoms of illness I wouldn’t worry about growth slowing down, especially if he did a lot of growing recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom