Just lost my dragon to yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lei23lani

I just lost my dragon Spike to yellow fungus. We only had him for 5 months. We got him from PetSmart. I would like to get another dragon, but don’t want to get from local pet store, since my beardie came with yellow fungus. My kid shouldn’t have to go through losing his pet again either. Any suggestions on where to get a beardie baby in Washington state?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Oh hon, I'm so sorry.?
I'm a newbie and have no advice, but know that my heart goes out to you and kiddo.
I've heard it's a crap shoot when you buy from those pet stores, you just never know. I'm lucky, my Petey is almost 2.5 yo and given to me by my son.
I'm sure someone will pop in with some info for you, maybe a breeder in your area or local reptile show.
Luv and big hugz!
-Dee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was wondering if you were going to get another one-- before you do you need to sanitize that tank really good as yellow fungus is contagious --- I would get some F10 cleaner -
https://www.ebay.com/p/26021505618?iid=164017128918&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=164017128918&targetid=858536828873&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9020114&poi=&campaignid=2086169716&mkgroupid=85784768581&rlsatarget=aud-622524040958:pla-858536828873&abcId=1141016&merchantid=115339960&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh6_AuMaG5wIVEb7ACh1yVwHYEAQYBCABEgKYcfD_BwE
This stuff works good and last a long time - you need to mix w/ water --
As far as breeders do you have a mom and pops store where you live - sometimes they breed their own -- I dont know of any breeders personally but I know some on here do -- they can help w/ that better than I
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Lei23lani":1sbgglda said:
I just lost my dragon Spike to yellow fungus. We only had him for 5 months. We got him from PetSmart. I would like to get another dragon, but don’t want to get from local pet store, since my beardie came with yellow fungus. My kid shouldn’t have to go through losing his pet again either. Any suggestions on where to get a beardie baby in Washington state?
You could get it online from some breeders though you may want to wait a bit for it to get warmer considering that your from Washington. I dont have much information for breeders to get it from but I bet that the moderators and other people can give you more information.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
It really depends what your budget is there is some expensive dragons out there that are over a thousand dollars, though they are more for breeding than just a pet because of how rare they are.

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Lei23lani":21rv7k15 said:
I got my two babies recently from KPs critters. He has some that are really expensive and then some that are less expensive. He was super easy to deal with too, but definitely check your temps before you buy online as breeders won’t ship below 40 iirc when I looked.

aronoiiel

What part of washington? Whitehotdragons in tacoma has been in the breeding business for over two decades. Touch base with them even if you arent close they may be able to help upu locate a good breeder. Sorry for your loss

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear you lost your dragon to yellow fungus. :cry:
It is such a terrible disease & so many just aren't able to overcome it. I know you did the
best you could with an awful situation.
My condolences to you,

Tracie

Zachman

Hello, Im so sorry to hear that you lost your Beardie. Im heartbroken to say the least. My Daughter got herself and I her Dad Beardies for Christmas, and they are doing Awesome. Just a Shout out to Valerias Critters in Milford Michigan. She is totally Awesome and a Excellent Breeder. Look her up on line and see what you think. Good Luck. Tom.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I got a bear die from Petsmart and he was sick as well. I went to an exotic pet store and bought the 2 that I have now. Hope this helps and sorry for your loss. Don’t forget to wash everything down with a bleach solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom